Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 268 of 268 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2680

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

I had to smoke a rack too.

I prefer spares, but these babybacks were on too good of sale to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverNuther View Post
    Beautiful presentation.
    Cheers! I was against using the lettuce garnish—in Hawaii home style sashimi is often served on a bed of white cabbage—there were other dishes I needed to complete and didn't want to bother with cutting lettuce. But I was out voted by my mom, wife and neighbor to use lettuce!

Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    I had to smoke a rack too.

I prefer spares, but these babybacks were on too good of sale to pass up.
    I too prefer spareribs—but that's a gorgeous rack there! What kind of smoker do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgertooth View Post
    We call Hamachi Kingfish in NZ and I reckon it's my favourite for sashimi
    I'd love to get my hands on some wild caught NZ Hamachi! What they sell in Hawaii is mostly farm raised in Japan—still good though.

Quote Originally Posted by DitmasPork View Post
    I too prefer spareribs—but that's a gorgeous rack there! What kind of smoker do you use?
    Yoder pellet smoker

Super simple potato leek soup. Leeks from a local farm, NY state gold potatoes. Topped with a little green habanero hot sauce and potato strings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	36866

Looks delicious B.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Thanks! I cheated with Trader Joe's chicken stock, but I have enough bones and vege in the freezer to make some good stuff.

Rain and cooler temperatures finally hit the Pacific NW. So naturaly it's time for some glorified baked ziti.

Basically . . . it's freestyle pork ragu (fry up some mirepoix/soffritto in butter and olive oil, brown some pork sausage (I cheated and used the bulk "spicy italian" from New Seasons) and ground beef, deglaze with white wine, add stock and peeled/hand-crushed san marzanos, crushed chili, herbs from the garden - oregano and thyme, simmer for a few hours), made some "fonduta di parmigiano reggiano" (bechamel + parm), tossed it all with rigatoni and some mozzarella, add more cheese. Baked and broiled. Finish with some more herb. Served with garlic bread. Major food coma.

And here are some random (poor) pics of the process. Forgot pics of the parm fondue/bechamel-whatever-you-want-to-call-it. Which is too bad. Because it was like crack. I could pour that over some macaroni, add some cracked pepper, and call it a day forever.

Time to go to the gym . . .

baby back ribs, potato leek soup, baked ziti.. i would eat the hell outta all three of those!! keep em coming guys!