Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 270 of 271 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2709

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Sweden

Huw

Make simplicity seem like abundance - Tetsuya Wakuda

ireland

China!

I am sorry to say that you are all wrong and no prize will be delivered. Thanks for playing.

The correct answer is Finland. Free-roaming grass fed Finnish wagyu. Didn't even know that was a thing until my butcher provided me with a sample. Tastes as good as any wagyu I've had.
    Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    I am sorry to say that you are all wrong and no prize will be delivered. Thanks for playing.

The correct answer is Finland. Free-roaming grass fed Finnish wagyu. Didn't even know that was a thing until my butcher provided me with a sample. Tastes as good as any wagyu I've had.
    Well I was going to guess the Basque region but maybe my screen (laptop) is bit yellow in pigment! Beautiful pieces regardless ... happy cows = happy food ... but what did you make of them?! Enquiring minds want to know ...

Those four steaks are roughly 350-400g each. Price per kilo was 700 DKK. Considering the price and that I hadn't tasted the meat before, I didn't want to do too much to it.
    Salt and pepper and an oil rub before going on a ripping hot De Buyer carbon steel pan. 2 minutes per sides for medium rare, while basting with the rendered beef fat and a little butter. Rest for 8 minutes or so. Served with an ice cold smashed cucumber salad, boiled fingerling potatoes, and a Trappistes Rochefort 10.

The meat had been dry aged for 21 days. Flavor was as expected, very beefy, but not a lot of that funky aged flavor. Not cheesy at all. Meat was incredibly tender, almost like it had been braised for hours but still with a slight spring. It wasn't better or worse than the Japanese wagyu I had a few months ago, but it was almost half price, so a clear winner in bang for buck. Pretty cool that it's from Finland and free range though. Never had Finnish beef before (or at least since I was 3 years old and lived in Helsinki), only wild game.

Slagteren på Kultorvet

Faktisk ikke, det var slagteren i Meny i Køge.

My nose became filled with cement so I made chicken soup with steamed creme fraiche dumplings.

@DamageInc I guess colds are the times of the year cooking enthusiasts everywhere dedicate to exploring texture and basic tastes