Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 266 of 272 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2713

Thread: Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Super simple but ohhh so good with my coffee

Toast with ricotta and home made strawberry jam.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1501932800198.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	36501  
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Brined pork neck meat (pork collar), roasted with ground fennel seeds, chili flakes—+ fresh herbs from one of our guests garden—for a supper party a couple of night's ago. Knife: 240mm Masamoto KS.

@DitmasPork how did you manage the 1950s style but-in-a-good-way color balance in that photo?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    @DitmasPork how did you manage the 1950s style but-in-a-good-way color balance in that photo?
    Combination of an Instagram filter and the cheap lightbulb I have in my kitchen.

Taking "Tikka Masala" literally.

Unskewered some leftover Tikka (Tofu and Mushroom) I made earlier, took the leftover tikka marinade too, and cooked it all in a tomato masala.

Edited

Gotta figure out something for these. I'll probably keep it simple and sear in butter. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    Gotta figure out something for these. I'll probably keep it simple and sear in butter. Any other suggestions are welcome.
    Definitely not being critical of you dwalker but the whole concept of "fresh' scallops in a tin seems oxymoronic to this coastal living bloke where scallops are trawled up only a few miles offshore.

As far as scallops go, seared in butter is good. They're also great in a stir fry with black beans and ginger and veg of choice. Personally I love them raw, sashimi style. It's hard to go wrong with scallops.

Poaching softly in deep butter is also nice.
    Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverNuther View Post
    Definitely not being critical of you dwalker but the whole concept of "fresh' scallops in a tin seems oxymoronic to this coastal living bloke where scallops are trawled up only a few miles offshore.

As far as scallops go, seared in butter is good. They're also great in a stir fry with black beans and ginger and veg of choice. Personally I love them raw, sashimi style. It's hard to go wrong with scallops.
    I grew up on the gulf coast so I know what you mean. If you ever eat a scallop at a restaurant and are not on the coast, this is how they got there. Still very good quality. I think I'm going to sear some in butter for breakfast