Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Pork cutlets, baked taters,string beans.

displayimage.php

Uploaded with ImageShack.us T-Bone, Roasted Garlic Onion Enoki & Oyster Mushroom Pan Jus, Grilled Sugar glazed asparagus, Baked Potato, Sweet Potato, Homemade lemon buttermilk rolls, apologize for the terrible quality & the lack of any plating skills, imageshack won't allow 9 mb files >:[

Long overdue BBQ today-
Turkey breast with plum wood, one juicy bird!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Hey if you are desperate I will run a sammich over to you at work!

Pending pork butts-

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Butts rested overnight- here they are waiting to go in the cooker-

displayimage.php

Here are the Butts done and resting!

displayimage.php

Good god man there are conventions about this type of torture.:bbqsmoker:

Jim, looks like you have more than the butt there. Looks like a whole shoulder to me. Nice!!

My father-in-law dropped some meatballs off for the wifey and I decided to do something a little different. Here we have a spinach salad with simple vinaigrette, roasted almond shavings, strawberries and meatballs topped off with a little lemon zest. It was surprisingly delicious!

Long overdue BBQ today-
Turkey breast with plum wood, one juicy bird!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?

Beautiful looking bird, Jim! To change the subject, is that a Sani-Tuff cutting board you're using? If so, how do you like it?

It is a Sani Tuff board Chef, I prefer it over most other boards. I think it is the most knife friendly. Easy to sanitize also. It can be soaked in a bleach solution, put in the dishwasher and after a decade or so of use you can sand it a little to freshen it up. I would not recommend the 1/2 inch board in the larger sizes. They can take a set if stored on edge. But even that is easy to fix in a warm oven on a sheet pan.

thats a sexy breast right there... mmm id love to get my mouth on that

:bbqsmoker:The local store has pork ribs on sale, butt in the case they are all trimmed, so I asked if they had any still in the bag, and they accommodated me. I smear mustard all over them, then coat with my home made dry rub. The went into the Big Green Egg at 190º for 7 hours, and due to a late start they then rested till today in the fridge, reheating under foil at a bare 200º for a couple of hours. I made some salad with napa cabbage and cucumber with a ceasarish dressings. I had some carrots that held up a chicken while it roasted. I sliced then fairly thickly and browned them in some olive oil.
No pics of the plating, butt got a record of the Q.
The meat slides off the bone butt still has some bite to it!
PICT0434.JPG

PICT0435.JPG

PICT0437.JPG

Back