Hattori Forum Cowry-X

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
So, I was reading the description of the FH series, and it stated a "Cowry-X upgraded line" was coming soon. The standard VG10 seemed to have debuted in 06, and I was wondering if the upgrade ever hit the market, or whatever happened with them.....

There was a Christmas special paring knife from the Forums series that was Cowry-X and made by Hattori. Expensive little bugger while it lasted. Other than that, I don't think there were ever any more released.

There was a Christmas special paring knife from the Forums series that was Cowry-X and made by Hattori. Expensive little bugger while it lasted. Other than that, I don't think there were ever any more released.

Of the parers there were only 5 or 6 made. And it was a KD-Forumknife bastard since it had the "damascus"-KD cladding, the forumknives in Cowry X were supposed to have a plain cladding to keep costs down.

Yeah, I tried to look it up on the site in past specials. Apparently it's been completely removed.

seems like the steel isnt even being made anymore (but dont quote me on that)

it would make sense, since there haven't been many knives appearing made of it. i guess ZDP-189 won that competition.

Doesn't Nenox use cowry x in its ultra high end kitchen knives though?

Yeah plus don't they have that yanagi in Korin thats cowry x? expensive as hell though.

Maybe they should consider trying ZDP-189, no? Seems Henckels can put it in a blade and keep the price sub $200..... is Cowry-X really the pinnacle?

i saw some cowry x hattoris on epicurean edge going for $1585.00 for a 240mm earlier today. i guess they do make them.

Back