KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guari

Reaction score

Hi all, I've participated in quite a few other forums (photography particularly) and they have this count to a million threads.

As you can imagine, it's not about counting thread per se (we can leave those to sesame street), but rather creating a place where one can chit chat informally, ask quick questions, talk about the weather, what's cooking or whatever way the conversation goes.

That said, the requisite is that everyone counts. Thus, that 1 at the very beginning of the post!

So, of these gyutos, what would you choose?

http://www.knivesandstones.com/syou...40mm-aogami-super-stainless-clad-by-kurosaki/

http://www.knivesandstones.com/sukenari-sg2-r2-gyuto-240mm-with-saya/

http://www.knivesandstones.com/sukenari-sg2-r2-kiritsuke-shaped-gyuto-240mm/

I've had those 3 open in tabs for a couple weeks, thinking my wife's gonna kill me if I order another knife.

I love the Kurosaki's finish but I prefer the K tip profile

I'd go sukenari all the way, probably k-tip as I recently sold my kono fuji w#2 k-tip to a colleague.

Oh and in case you were wondering, it's pissing it down in London... surprise surprise...

And another quake / tsunami is battering Fukushima. Hope it's a no casualty one.

How good is sukenari? I've heard good things but not sure how it compares with Kurosaki

What happens if somebody else posts #7 before this post #7 that I'm typing right now gets completed and posted? Do we just love with two 7 posts and skip 8? :scratchhead:

Morning KKF peeps.

Pissing dogs and cats with a brief chance of blue skies

12. A long way to go to 1000K!

'Night KKFers. Lightning show but not much rain here. Fortunately everything's still moderately green here so not much chance of a bushfire from a lightning strike.

I'm torn berween a Mert Tansu honyaki and one of his blades in 52100. I really like his mallee burls.

Fajitas in the prep for the wife, good night everyone

After lurking for a few years and buying many knives from some great people here, I just recently had my first KKF sale! Grateful for the community and this gathering space.

I realised today that white #2 is a pleasure to sharpen.

Good night..

Back on topic again. I have the Syousin and think it will be an excellent knife after some thinning work. Love the AS steel.

Managed to grab the anova on black friday sale. Looking forward to see what the fuss of SV is about.

I do most of my cooking on carbon steel and cast iron so it's definitely going to be different!

Ps: No topic to the count to a million, the op was simply to get the ball rolling...

Managed to grab the anova on black friday sale. Looking forward to see what the fuss of SV is about.

I do most of my cooking on carbon steel and cast iron so it's definitely going to be different!

Ps: No topic to the count to a million, the op was simply to get the ball rolling...

Mine just arrived this morning. Unfortunately we will be eating leftover turkey for a few days...

Latest posts

Back