Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF counts to a million

Evening all

82 Good morning everyone.

Looking for a signature that won't land me in trouble

83 good evening/night it's Russian Imperial Stout time. Right now is Alaskan Brewing Co.'s Perseverance.
    Also...stout recommendations? Appreciate any input

84 Lotus root... Nature's answer to "what does spine thickness matter"

Evening nice folk!

One Q if I may... What grind favours onions? I have a kanetsugu which I find, in my limited experience, is a nice knife, but when dicing onions it is as if the knife doesn't have the inertia to go all the way and stops about 80% down the way, then the rest I have to push it down..

I don't think that it is because the knife is lighter to what I was used before (heavy Germans) or (I think more likely) because of the shape of the grind? Or more to do with the thickness of the tip?

tired night.. made some brown rice to go with some mince meat, celery, onion, garlic, peppers, aromatics and a few spices.

Wife says I'm getting too fat.

Quote Originally Posted by guari View Post

Evening nice folk!

One Q if I may... What grind favours onions? I have a kanetsugu which I find, in my limited experience, is a nice knife, but when dicing onions it is as if the knife doesn't have the inertia to go all the way and stops about 80% down the way, then the rest I have to push it down..

I don't think that it is because the knife is lighter to what I was used before (heavy Germans) or (I think more likely) because of the shape of the grind? Or more to do with the thickness of the tip?
    87 - which cut? The initial horizontal cuts, the vertical cuts, or the final chopping that makes it into the dice?

Quote Originally Posted by foody518 View Post
    87 - which cut? The initial horizontal cuts, the vertical cuts, or the final chopping that makes it into the dice?

The verticals, I get friction and won't get down to the board. It's as if the onion was hugging the tip on the way down..

I am torn if it is having being used to hefty german steel ( my gyuto is a bit of a lightweight) or, I think most likely, the tip could do with a bit of thinning..

Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered some goodies from Koki... should be here later this week

Quote Originally Posted by guari View Post

The verticals, I get friction and won't get down to the board. It's as if the onion was hugging the tip on the way down..

I am torn if it is having being used to hefty german steel ( my gyuto is a bit of a lightweight) or, I think most likely, the tip could do with a bit of thinning..

Anyhow, I went ahead and ordered some goodies from Koki... should be here later this week
    A thin tip certainly helps

It's gonna take a while to get to a million!

Looking for a signature that won't land me in trouble