Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,244 of 1244

Thread: KKF counts to a million

1240 - Nope, the well sh!t was about someone trying to steal my wind chimes. Yea a lot of weight to haul up an extension ladder. The big set is actually almost as tall as I am. I screwed up my feet and am waiting for them to heal before attempting to help DH haul them up. Or I may just chicken out and have a tree service hang them for me with a cherry picker.

The fence story is funny, thanks I needed that laugh.

BUT!!! I am finally getting tomatoes. Well...kinda. The cherry tomatoes are splitting before fully ripening because we're getting so much rain. I'm getting some of the largest damn grape tomatoes (almost look like small plum tomatoes) I've ever seen. My plum tomatoes are just starting to turn pink and it looks like they will all ripen at once.

My heirloom beefstake types - I'll be luck if I get any. Cool overcast weather and too much rain means a lot of them have blossom end rot already. I've already amended the soil with bone meal and egg shells (when they were planted) so don't know what else I could do. Meh, some years are good, some are bad. At least I live in a time where my family will not go without just because my garden is not a huge success.

Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

1242 - every digit counts! Glad you liked the fence story. I always get a kick out of it. (Yes. Yes, I did.)

That's good news about the garden, but what's up with the feet? Tax returns are easy to screw up. Feet are much simpler.

1243 - Plantar fasciitis. I've got the ultrasounds to prove that I have not one, but two spurs on each foot. I used to walk 1.2 miles each way to/from the train station each way. Then one day I just stepped wrong. Felt a twang in my foot and it was downhill from there. Because my gait was off the other foot decided to join in the fun and start acting up. Of course it happened during busy season so I took longer to see a doctor than I probably should have.

Two rounds of cortisone shots, one round of physical therapy, and stupid braces and almost 1.5 years later and I'm able to finally walk a mile with out hobbling like a cripple. Climbing a ladder and risking a twang or leg cramp (good times!) is not on my bucket list at the moment, so I'd like to wait until things are fully back to normal.

Soft tissue damage sucks, especially on the feet/ankles because it's so hard to fully rest them for a recovery. My podiatrist tells me to be patient because surgery supposedly does not produce results that are better or quicker than braces and stretching exercises. Since I only like knives on my food, and not me, I'm not inclined to argue with her.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

1244 - Yikes! PF in one foot is awful. Having it in both feet must be h*ll.

I once popped three of the four ligaments in my right ankle at the same time, and they told me the same thing; it would take just as long to heal if they did surgery. That one s*cked because I did it at work, and then had to drive home, working all three pedals of my manual transmissioned car with my left foot. Luckily, that company was out in the country, so I wasn't in bumper-to-bumper traffic for most of the trip, but it was a long drive.