Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 118 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1244

Thread: KKF counts to a million

1171 apart from my little error on the last two letters that's how it's spelled at the shop
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1499888971.201355.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	36329Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1499888989.414001.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  98.0 KB

1172 - Well blow me down! I too thought that Otto had produced a South African or New Zealand variant on the humble bagel. Wikipedia immediately showed me that beigel is actually a variant based on the original Yiddish word.

I was born in the same place as the bagel, Krakˇw, though a few hundred years later. In fact I've been staying in Krakˇw for a few weeks now. Bagels are everywhere - little kiosks on nearly every corner of the city. Sadly, bagels with caraway and rock salt - my favourite - are a rare find. The poles also spell them bajgiel or make my life difficult by calling them obwarzanek - difficult to pronounce even for me.

Came across a lovely quote while looking into this (yummy) word,
    "I cannot condone the knocking down of old ladies in pursuit of a Panzers bagel, but sometimes there isn't any other way."
    It's from a Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...n.foodanddrink if any one is interested.

1173 Guys good night, I'm gonna need days of sleep once I go back to Canada.

1174 good night valgard
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

1175 any sense getting shapton glass in both 1000 and 2000, or will the 2000 alone be fast enough for main sharpening, respectively offer no improvement at all after the 1000 if the next step is a 5000/6000/coticule?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    1175 any sense getting shapton glass in both 1000 and 2000, or will the 2000 alone be fast enough for main sharpening, respectively offer no improvement at all after the 1000 if the next step is a 5000/6000/coticule?
    1176 I feel like the answer to a question like that is highly dependent on your knives and the size of the bevels you're sharpening

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    That's said. I have a 2000 that i got as a bundled set with some other stones and I kinda love it. Cuts ridiculously fast and can step in as your main "reset" button on tired edges where there's no repair work to be done or even edges with microchips. I find it leaves a very precise edge. It murders nice polishes though

1178 Good morning everyone! Ugg all physical activity outside this weekend and very little time inside trying out my new knives..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    1178 Good morning everyone! Ugg all physical activity outside this weekend and very little time inside trying out my new knives..
    'Evening skipper.

What sorta physical activity (assuming it's not impolite to ask )
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

1180 - Saturday was yard work, setting up and waterproofing a tent for a camping trip my daughter is going on later this month.

Sunday we spend 4 hours filling sandbags at the local township. We have major flooding going on here (I'm on high ground, don't worry) and there were calls going out for volunteers on the radio stations. The river is a few feet over flood stage AND we still have runoff from up north coming. It's supposed to crest on Tuesday.

Haven't sandbagged in over 30 years and it's VERY different today. No more shovels and one person holding a bag. They have these huge hoppers and conveyor belts and it's a real assembly line. 15 people per hopper (four chutes/people to fill bags, two people operating potato sack stitchers, 3 each on converoy belt and two slinging the bags into a front loader).

My kiddo was awesome! She's 14yo but built like a tank/athletic and was giving some of the 30 something dudes a run for the money. The township guys are working stupid hours (16-18 hours days) just trying to keep up with things and even with that they were in good spirits and happy to see so many volunteers (we did have a good turnout).

Rest of the day was running errands and pruning bushes/trees for the chippers who are coming on Monday.

AND I'm feeling it all today (ugg).