Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,199 of 1199

Thread: KKF counts to a million

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMesa
    Knocking over a Panzer (tank) would be less hazardous.
    Funny you should say that. The Guardian article actually says of Panzers (the shop not the tank) "to gain entrance to which it helps if you've had military training, the more especially if it's bagels you're after." Seems that these bagels are special. Makes we want to visit... NOW!

1192 since it's "armed to the teeth day" here...

Some japanese cooking-fiction (dorama, manga, anime) has scenes where a hocho is used as a standpoint amplifier in a debate (eg in Shota no sushi, Shota's rival does so at least once. Addicted to curry, similar scenes..) against an unarmed, non violent person.

I hope no real life head chef, in japan or elsewhere, would ever suffer a person doing that to remain on the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    1192 since it's "armed to the teeth day" here...

Some japanese cooking-fiction (dorama, manga, anime) has scenes where a hocho is used as a standpoint amplifier in a debate (eg in Shota no sushi, Shota's rival does so at least once. Addicted to curry, similar scenes..) against an unarmed, non violent person.

I hope no real life head chef, in japan or elsewhere, would ever suffer a person doing that to remain on the staff?
    1193 - You can never tell. I will never forget the time I was watching the Japanese version of Iron Chef and one of the challengers slapped one of his assistants when something didn't go as planned. I was stunned they would televise that, let along the fact that it was so normal in the culture the commentators didn't even discuss it.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

1194 perspective from the kid of a family that immigrated to the US - the culture around family upbringing here tends to be much more coddling

Hey Captain, have you been able to bring yourself to try out that damascus Kato nakiri you snagged, or did I miss a post about it somewhere? Curious on your thoughts.

1196 I'm coming back to Canada today, a 10h flight later today ugh. I met with @zweber in Switzerland and had a great time with him. Got to play with his amazing shig collection and took lots of pictures .

1197 tried a couple shigs and have to say they are very nice cutters duh

Quote Originally Posted by Marek07 View Post
    1191Funny you should say that. The Guardian article actually says of Panzers (the shop not the tank) "to gain entrance to which it helps if you've had military training, the more especially if it's bagels you're after." Seems that these bagels are special. Makes we want to visit... NOW!
    1198 - Yeah, now I'm craving a good bagel, too! Sadly, I'm not sure it's possible to obtain one anywhere West of NYC.

1199 In case someone has experience with that stuff: Is forgotten dosa/uttapam batter that fermented on a few days and smells *perfectly* like emmenthal cheese a health hazard or just what you want for uttapam?