Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1274

Thread: KKF counts to a million

@ captain: Do you have any local equivalent of our Department of Consumer Affairs/ Office of Fair Trading (state govt bodies in Aus)?

Otherwise, I guess it's a case of never buying that product again. Or maybe some sort of social media campaign if you are annoyed enough?

You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post

@ captain: Do you have any local equivalent of our Department of Consumer Affairs/ Office of Fair Trading (state govt bodies in Aus)?

Otherwise, I guess it's a case of never buying that product again. Or maybe some sort of social media campaign if you are annoyed enough?
    1102 We have such agencies, but they wouldn't get involved for such a small dollar amount unless someone could prove that it was systematic and intentional. Otherwise, they'd just write it off as one bad package or one bad batch. And the couple of dollars she might get back would be woefully inadequate compensation for the time and aggravation of dealing with the agency.

If it's a national brand, and it IS systematic, the independent group Consumer's Union might be able to bring to bear sufficient pressure that the company might cave in and offer coupons for anyone who can prove they've bought the product recently, and possibly promise to "improve". The government might even implement standards for packaging such produce, but they could easily end up being no more than labeling the packages with the maximum allowable water content, like we already have for pork and chicken.

And I've seen "May contain up to 15% added water by weight" on some of those packages, and people still buy them because it's easier than finding another store that sells a less watery brand.

1103 - pretty much what Dave said. (BTW good afternoon all!).

FWIW, there is no "may contain up to X% solution" on the package. Just makes me leery of buying any products from that company.

(Got my Kato Nakiri - can't wait to get it home and try it out!!!)
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    1103 - pretty much what Dave said. (BTW good afternoon all!).

FWIW, there is no "may contain up to X% solution" on the package. Just makes me leery of buying any products from that company.

(Got my Kato Nakiri - can't wait to get it home and try it out!!!)
    1104 Yep, when I separated that last line from the previous paragraph, it lost its context. The labeling I was referring to is only on meats, as far as I know. Never seen it on produce.

1105 Captain i'm very happy for you, you just added a unicorn to the nakiri museum

1106 btw, i'm in the middle of a 15h bus ride from Vancouver to Calgary. Gotta love how close everything is here in Canada.

Cześć z krakowa
    Or... G'day from Krakow (aka Cracow)
    Land of my birth.
    And happy summer/winter solstice to all!

1108 Throw the frozen broccoli into a deep fryer - extra ice and all, claim ignorance, sue them because you could have gotten hurt, and create a media spectacle .....

1109 good morning everyone!

Nope, no media spectacle for me. I'm really not into drama.

AND I have to host a work dinner so another late night it is. No playing tonight.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Marek07 View Post
    Cześć z krakowa
    Or... G'day from Krakow (aka Cracow)
    Land of my birth.
    And happy summer/winter solstice to all!

Hope it's warmer in Krakow than it is here.

Having said that, I'm guessing that winter in Krakow would put winter here to shame.

You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?