Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,287 of 1287

Thread: KKF counts to a million

Quote Originally Posted by Marek07 View Post
    1280Do it! But ask for the cocktail first - then blame it if anything goes amiss.
    The more practice, the better sharpener you'll be.
    The test of the sharpened knife would be to cut some of the fruits going into the coctail. Or I can bring an already sharp knife?

Given the coctails that is made in that home, I better not handle knives after drinking them.

The church is near but the road is icy. The pub is far but I will walk carefully.

It was -9 when I left the house today. Ugh...

Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

My bobcat won't start due to freezing temperatures, and I slipped down the stairs and fractured two toes. I'm making braised pork cheeks in an effort to save the day.
    Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post

My bobcat won't start due to freezing temperatures, and I slipped down the stairs and fractured two toes. I'm making braised pork cheeks in an effort to save the day.
    1284. I understand your bobcat problem all too well! No fractured toes,but I did take a branch to the eye earlier this week while pruning apple trees. Left a big ole cut only 1-2mm from my retina.

1285 Would a quick review thread for "simpler" knives (the $30-$120 class - utilitarian kurouchis, vietnamese traditionals, oddball chinese cleavers, above-par supermarket specials, amazon VG10s. The stuff you'll usually have put straight to use and sharpened/modded a time or two before deciding whether it would have been worth taking pics of) be considered a good or bad thing to have around here? Examples I would consider right in this category: YuiSenri blue steel Nakiri (discussed that in another thread), Authentic Blades "Buom", Chroma Ryoma Funayuki - or even worth-their-money cheapos like Samura Harakiri, IKEA metal handle 365+, SekiRyu etc... having a collection of "great? crap? project knife?" info and *initial sharpening advice* could be of value...
    "All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"

1286 I think reviews of cheaper but still good knives would be excellent. Perhaps even on a blog with a name of it's own, to lure in some people who don't really read forums. Getting them here is step two. Step one is to get them hooked on knives, sharpness and sharpening.

Sort of like https://audiobudget.com/ but for cutting tools.

I just bought the cheapest Tojiro DP "without bolster" Gyuto I could find on eBay, to have a practice stainless J-knife for training my sharpening skills...
    The church is near but the road is icy. The pub is far but I will walk carefully.

1287 blog? then you'd have to go the full monty and do a wiki .. finding reliable maintainers that have the time could prove difficult though... but yeah, it is info like "don't attempt to polish the kireba with stones on this one unless you think performance>finish, hand forged and uneven" or "do polish it, the steel used is rust prone with the rough factory finish - but flatten it too much, food release will suffer" or "this has a 25dps factory edge, don't judge it on OOTB performance" that needs to be collected ... somewhere it can be found.

"All right. So whatdya do with it?" - "Whatdya mean 'Whatdya do with it?" - "Self defense? Mayhem? Shish kebab?"