Quantcast
My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread. - Page 12
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

^
    Looks beautfiul! Makes me want a new carbon knife to start a patina all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    I used to be the same...took me a year to get one, and I just got a cheap Fujiwara FKM 270 just to have one at the time. Then I started forcing myself to use as an everything knife, and I fell in love with the narrow blade. Since then, all I've really cared about is sujihikis and finding the perfect one...have a Konosuke HD 270 on order right now, but am probably going to keep the 300 too.

Give one a shot, you might just be a convert soon enough!

J I'm glad you're liking both the HD and the Suji. So you found you prefer the 270 over the 300? 270 Suji is just about the perfect everything knife if it's a good one. Pretty sweet.

Regards

Bryan

[QUOTE=StephanFowler;37253]can't make it all out but I think the first word is "monkey" and that other character must mean grinder.
    so it's made by a "grinder monkey" ;-)[QUOTE]

LMAO ... Stephan is a talented comedian too. Now I want a Fowler knife and watch his standup. That was pretty funny. Careful though I think Dave got a hammer for Christmas, haha.

I love this thread. I've always found a beautiful woman the most attractive with a little something covering her. These carbons are just so beautiful. I gotta say Fowler's W2 takes a patina super fast of all shades naturally. The only problem with these forums and the great people here is I need the means to come faster to allow for my using of the different knives they make!

Kind Regards

Bryan

I've been using my Misono Swede a lot more, lately and it's developed a beautiful blue patina on top of the countless other patinas it has. It seems to be a really stable one, which is always a plus, too!

09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I love that Lefty.

Can you say what produced such a vivid blue?

Lefty, that is beautiful! Makes me think of sunsets with the bright blues/pinks

Yeah, it's pretty nuts! Haha
    I've been cutting a lot of cured and smoked pork sausage, along with some chicken and raw and cooked beef. I'm pretty sure the bright blue is from the sausage though, because it has really developed in the past few days, it seems.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

The chicken and raw beef will certainly produce nice blue and purple-ish hues. Rare cooks meats will also or atleast less than well done will also. Killer patina if my camera skills weren't so shoddy I'd show mine but the colors never show up and the knife just looks grey

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty nuts! Haha
    I've been cutting a lot of cured and smoked pork sausage, along with some chicken and raw and cooked beef. I'm pretty sure the bright blue is from the sausage though, because it has really developed in the past few days, it seems.
    +1 on the fatty cured meat; I cut some salami with my Takagi gyuto a few months back and turned the midsection of the knife entirely blue.

How do you get a purple patina (Dave said some yanagi's he'd seen had them).

I can get blue from blood, dark gray from mustard/a1/etc. Purple would be really really cool.