Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Japan messer shop.de

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Belgium, beerland
    Posts
    53

    Japan messer shop.de

    Hello
    Looking for a petty.
    Anyone any experience with japan-messer-shop.de?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    241
    It's a reputable and well known shop for japanese knives and stones here in germany. Pretty much everyone I know around here have bought a knife or a stone (in my case both...) from them.
    Mr. Horie (the owner) does also have quite a good knowledge regarding Jnats and gives some interesting insights... unfortunately they're quite difficult to reach via email sometimes... so mainly telephone.

    But order and so on functions very well. Don't know if they ship international...

    And they do have some nice knives


  3. #3
    Matus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,826
    I have bought (and returned) one knife from them and it was all smooth. As Iggy says - email contact does not really work. I did not try to phone them. But they do have some interesting knives. I am just not too crazy about how they describe the stone hardness (no usable scale). If you like something they have than I think you do not need to hesitate.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Belgium, beerland
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    It's a reputable and well known shop for japanese knives and stones here in germany. Pretty much everyone I know around here have bought a knife or a stone (in my case both...) from them.
    Mr. Horie (the owner) does also have quite a good knowledge regarding Jnats and gives some interesting insights... unfortunately they're quite difficult to reach via email sometimes... so mainly telephone.

    But order and so on functions very well. Don't know if they ship international...

    And they do have some nice knives
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    I have bought (and returned) one knife from them and it was all smooth. As Iggy says - email contact does not really work. I did not try to phone them. But they do have some interesting knives. I am just not too crazy about how they describe the stone hardness (no usable scale). If you like something they have than I think you do not need to hesitate.
    Thank you both for the usefull info.
    Fyi they ship to Belgium for 10€
    Keep you posted once my first order done.
    Cheers 🍻

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Posts
    269
    Have bought from them without any problems.

    Lars

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Involves Germans. Lots of Germans.
    Posts
    2,180
    Yep, they're fine and well reputed, I bought at least two times from them and was satisfied, and they have OEM Takamuras for very good prices.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bennyprofane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    Yep, they're fine and well reputed, I bought at least two times from them and was satisfied, and they have OEM Takamuras for very good prices.
    Yes, I have one and they’re great. They’re run under the name “Asagao” in case someone is interested.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    273
    Hmmm, they indeed have some interesting stuff, but to be honest, after I never got any single answer on my emails (I tried to contact them at least 4 times, in perfect German), it discouraged me from any further attempts...I can understand that they are busy, but that's for instance Jon from JKI as well and he responds to emails anyway, if they are not able to do so, they should at least mention it on their website (and that they prefer phone calls)...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Belgium, beerland
    Posts
    53
    Strange. Had a nice email conversation in English with Brigitte Horie last week.

  10. #10
    Senior Member berko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    911
    sometimes they answer, but often they dont.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •