Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan messer shop.de

Japan messer shop.de

Hello
    Looking for a petty.
    Anyone any experience with japan-messer-shop.de?

It's a reputable and well known shop for japanese knives and stones here in germany. Pretty much everyone I know around here have bought a knife or a stone (in my case both...) from them.
    Mr. Horie (the owner) does also have quite a good knowledge regarding Jnats and gives some interesting insights... unfortunately they're quite difficult to reach via email sometimes... so mainly telephone.

But order and so on functions very well. Don't know if they ship international...

And they do have some nice knives

I have bought (and returned) one knife from them and it was all smooth. As Iggy says - email contact does not really work. I did not try to phone them. But they do have some interesting knives. I am just not too crazy about how they describe the stone hardness (no usable scale). If you like something they have than I think you do not need to hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    It's a reputable and well known shop for japanese knives and stones here in germany. Pretty much everyone I know around here have bought a knife or a stone (in my case both...) from them.
    Mr. Horie (the owner) does also have quite a good knowledge regarding Jnats and gives some interesting insights... unfortunately they're quite difficult to reach via email sometimes... so mainly telephone.

But order and so on functions very well. Don't know if they ship international...

And they do have some nice knives
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    I have bought (and returned) one knife from them and it was all smooth. As Iggy says - email contact does not really work. I did not try to phone them. But they do have some interesting knives. I am just not too crazy about how they describe the stone hardness (no usable scale). If you like something they have than I think you do not need to hesitate.
    Thank you both for the usefull info.
    Fyi they ship to Belgium for 10€
    Keep you posted once my first order done.
    Cheers 🍻

Have bought from them without any problems.

Lars

Yep, they're fine and well reputed, I bought at least two times from them and was satisfied, and they have OEM Takamuras for very good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeByA1000Cuts View Post
    Yep, they're fine and well reputed, I bought at least two times from them and was satisfied, and they have OEM Takamuras for very good prices.
    Yes, I have one and they’re great. They’re run under the name “Asagao” in case someone is interested.

Hmmm, they indeed have some interesting stuff, but to be honest, after I never got any single answer on my emails (I tried to contact them at least 4 times, in perfect German), it discouraged me from any further attempts...I can understand that they are busy, but that's for instance Jon from JKI as well and he responds to emails anyway, if they are not able to do so, they should at least mention it on their website (and that they prefer phone calls)...

Strange. Had a nice email conversation in English with Brigitte Horie last week.

sometimes they answer, but often they dont.