Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kochi 240mm migaki

Kochi 240mm migaki

Just pulled on a Kochi 240 migaki kiritsuke shaped gyuto for Jon at JKI..

Anyone have some some info/take on this line?

It says they are more substantial but still thin behind the edge, comes with octagon burnt chestnut...

I was also looking ag the Gesshin kagekiyo 240mm white #2 gyuto, anyone tried these?
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

I think you will like it. The Kochi chestnut handles are very comfortable they round the edges a little. I have the rough clad kiritsuke it is tall & the tip is very useful.

I think you are really going to like it

Here is a link to a choil shot that shows off the grind pretty well on my 270 migaki. I really like mine and Mert Tansu has been known to say the 270 was one of the best cutters he's used, if thats any indication for you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgFzRal...=todd.p.graham

I tested out a stainless clad k-tip 240 for a couple days before passing it off to a co-worker/friend. He is smitten with it. I liked it enough to try and track down a 270. Hopefully I will have a certain 270 migaki in the fairly near future. I really like the specs, workhorse heft, fairly tall and super thin behind the edge. I am really excited (especially seeing that great coil shot, tgfencer).

Customfan- Let us know how it works for you after you get to use it for a few days.

Cheers,
    rj

Wow! I know people are keen on it, really need to try it out!

It looks soo nice, been looking at a couple of other two that thought might be worth trying:

The gengetsu 240MM stainless Clad White #2 Wa Gyuto
    And the semi of the bunch, the Geshhi heiji 240 mm semi stainless wa gyuto...

Need to gets my hands on one of these babies!
    Eat to live? -> live to eat... but as long as we are at it... eat very, very well!

Was gonna catch and release a Kagekiyo B1 270mm ktip. No chance. Too awesome.

Wow- Badgertooth, such a nice looking knife. Jon and Sara have an amazing selection of great knives. Just speaking for myself... I would really enjoy a video clip of this knife in action. Just saying.

I've owned multiple kochis and also a kagekiyo wh2 240mm Gyuto. I much preferred kochi, it just performs so well...thin but not wimpy feeling, with decent heft at the spine. I think you made the right decision.

This makes me want a kochi