Quantcast
Pulled the Trigger.. here is what im testing
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the Trigger.. here is what im testing

Pulled the Trigger.. here is what im testing

Rather than continue on my previous post.. I just copied the last quote, which I very much agree with.. and I've ordered and will order the below so as to make my decision. I feel this was the only road to take( $ 900 bucks later !), save for going to an actual store front, which in western mass...is non-existant.

So here we go...if I have missed a "must try" knife beyond the 5 below. im game to order and check it out !!

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Even if you think you know what you want out of a knife, you'll never know for sure until you try it or buy it. If you want the honest truth, many of us here keep buying knives over and over again in search of the perfect knife for that individual. I sure as hell do. Try something, form an opinion about its performance based on its characteristics and keep shopping until you get closer and closer to what you want. Ginga and masamoto vg are both great knives. Good luck in your hunt.
    Agreed...nd its because of this that Ive pulled the trigger on the below so far.. On the way are

1: sakai grand cheff
    2: Masamoto VG
    3: Tojiro DP...I know I know... did this just because its constantly talked about, a crazy price and curiosity got the better of me.

Second forthcoming are

Gesshin Kagero
    Gesshin Ginga

Looks like a great start, have fun!

Where are you in western MA? I'm in Lenox. I drive down to Korin in NYC - they have a wide selection of knives to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Where are you in western MA? I'm in Lenox. I drive down to Korin in NYC - they have a wide selection of knives to try.
    Ya westfield, work will take me to Lee next week. I didn't know Korin was in NYC.. work may take me there as well...but I already ordered 5 knives so I think im good for now

All-right so all knives are on the way. I guess it would make sense to provide my own review/opinion when I get them.
    I believe what I've ordered represents a good quality cross section of 240 MM Stainless western gyutos. I decided to even get a low level..just cause this knife comes up constantly..i was so curious.

I should have all of these delivered within the next week and will post my findings and of course which one is the winner for me to keep.

they are as follows with price and retailer

Tojiro DP..$80..Amazon

Hiromoto Gingami#3.. $145.00..JKC

Sakai Takayuki Grand Cheff..$ 165.00..Chubo Knife

Masamoto VG..$ 180(on sale normally 195.00) CKTG

Gesshin Kagero..$ 230.00..JKI

There you have it...ill post pics and reviews when I can
    Last edited by fergie; 03-13-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Congrats on your purchases. I look forward to your thoughts on the knives.

That is definitely diving into the deep end to learn to swim. I am impressed!

How are you going to test them, then return them? BST?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

i think tojiro dp is every bit as good as those other ones as far as performance is concerned.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i think tojiro dp is every bit as good as those other ones as far as performance is concerned.
    #tojiroluv
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

+ Reply to Thread