Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any opinion about Hiromoto honyaki gyuto.

Any opinion about Hiromoto honyaki gyuto.

Hello everyone. This movement I am really interesting in honyaki blade. And western handle always my first opinion. So tempted by hiromoto honyaki. Any review or any information about that blade compare to those famous honyaki blade.

Thanks so much. Bruce

Engorged Member
    I own a 240mm Hiro Honyaki that Dave is currently re-handling. It really is a great knife. Thicker at the spine but not Kato thick. I had Mr Nagao sharpen it up for me before it was sent out. I used it a couple of times and really liked how sharp I could get it. I also don't think it's harder than 64 HRC so the edge was tougher than I imagined it would be. No pictures, as it is with Dave for a re-handle, nut when I get it back I'll post it.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Thanks so much. Dude. Feel like need to get one now. Hahahahahahah

Engorged Member
    yeah, I bought one pretty much the day Koki put them up at JCK. Heirloom quality knife, except for the handle.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Prezzio has one and loves it. I'm thinking I may get one as well but ikeda and shiraki and cris anderson are right there lol. I know they are really well made knives though.

It rocks
    And actually love the simple handle, I don't have to baby and gets tons of use as a result. really great and undervalued knife. better than a Kato IMO

Lol I believe the price of those honyaki blade right always double up. But I confusing by so many honyaki marketing blade. So many low end knives also put the honyaki name on it. And hiromoto knife I can not see hamon on it.

Highly recommended this knife! Much better than the as version. Hold the edge quite long time, easy to sharpen and it cut super smoothly. Actually I own the version with the simple handle and want to buy the one with bolster

Quote Originally Posted by Brucewml View Post
    Lol I believe the price of those honyaki blade right always double up. But I confusing by so many honyaki marketing blade. So many low end knives also put the honyaki name on it. And hiromoto knife I can not see hamon on it.
    There is a Hamon but it is not for aesthetics

After you using it it will show up more.