• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Toshihirosaku, Ichimonji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbusby1

Reaction score
Posting pics tomorrow hopefully. CONUS only.

Toshihirosaku (Wakui) 240 kasumi gyuto from JNS only used 3x at work. Great knife but I prefer kurouchi or stainless cladding for work. Killer grind: still ridiculously thin behind the edge but slightly thicker at the spine than the standard Wakui line gives it better food release and added confidence. Not sure if this is going to ever come back in stock at JNS! $195 shipped

Ichimonji W2 220 #6 cleaver. Bought this off B/S/T because it was falsely advertised as mono-steel. I Don't need a second san mai cleaver and this one is righty-bias (I'm a lefty). Cladding is soft iron, not as reactive as my moritaka cleaver but still reactive. I've put many hours into thinning and it's ready to cut! If you haven't tried a chuka, you're missing out. $225 shipped

Yes, 47mm maybe 48 tall, 241mm long. The normal wakui line is short as well and maybe I'm mistaken but from my experience and from what Maksim implied, the Toshihirosaku are a higher/harder heat treat than the normal wakui line. D-handle is on the left right now, I'm happy to flip it, no charge. In this first photo I held 2 fingers up so you can see them reflecting in the core steel, the kasumi on this one is dramatic!

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/wbusby1/media/IMG_20161125_072618201_zpsyfmb9bcm.jpg.html
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/wbusby1/media/IMG_20161125_072712306_zpsqzgrmykb.jpg.html

...having issues with photobucket, will try again later to get these photos to display here in the post :/

Also, I am not going to be able to sell or put up pics for the Ichimonji for 2 weeks, friend has it and left town, sorry y'all!

Last edited:
that is a very interesting grind on the cleaver. they're not my thing but i'd be all over this if i was. GLWS!

Agreed, would I ever use a Cleaver though? Probably not, would be more for the fun.... tempting.

Back