Knives & Stones Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
In the spirit of the sale season, I decided to participate the BF / CM sale, in the form of free extras and some one-off / hard to come by items. The price will of course be very nice :)

I will slowly upload everything to the site over the next day or two, but the qty will be strictly limited and I will pull them off after Monday (US time) / Tuesday (AU time) regardless of sold or not.

Cheers,
James

First up:
Syousin Chiku Migaki by Yu Kurosaki, 240mm Gyuto, with Free K&S Hardwood saya, I have 3 of them.
http://www.knivesandstones.com/blac...yuto-240mm-by-kurosaki-with-specail-k-s-saya/
_1830660__29051.1480081623.1280.1280.jpg

Gorgeous and a great deal James, very tempted as I've been eyeing that particular model for quite a while!

That yanagiba is the deal of the century. The blade alone is worth 800 aud + before super awesome handle upgrade and ultra bad ass black saya. If I didn't have one shipping to me next month, it would be mine.

That yanagiba is the deal of the century. The blade alone is worth 800 aud + before super awesome handle upgrade and ultra bad ass black saya. If I didn't have one shipping to me next month, it would be mine.

Yes, both Yoshikazu and his late brother Tatsuo produce some of the most stunning work I have seen!

James, if you would like some input on which inventory to discount, I'll let you know :).
I'm actually too scared to pull the trigger on anything because you're putting up new stuff every few hours! When are you going to stop?

Thanks guys! I didn't prepare for Black Friday until late Friday AU time, which then I start thinking what to put, so which ever stuff I could think of, I will slowly put them onsite.

I will probably stop by the end of Monday sydney time, Tuesday let everything sort it out, and wednesday pull everything off ;)

The Hinora knives are definitely worth a look, as I will be sending most of not all of them to China after the sale ends. I really struglle to get hold of stock, most places are out of stock as well. These ones are in Sydney because I take photos here.

I totally should not have bought anything...luckily I didn't get carried away. Thanks for the sale, James!

The Hinora knives are definitely worth a look, as I will be sending most of not all of them to China after the sale ends. I really struglle to get hold of stock, most places are out of stock as well. These ones are in Sydney because I take photos here.

Hi James, thank you for the sale! I've had multiple knives in my cart and even got as far as logging through paypal but haven't pulled the trigger... Wondering what other awesome stuff will show!

I am very interested in the Hinoura gyutos, and a question was asked in a thread: is there a difference in the geometry or grind of the migaki ss clad vs ku clad vs ku ss clad knives? I have a Tsukasa gyuto that is almost too pretty to use and don't relish having to work on the wide bevel, so thinking of a Mutsumi one which would be almost same geometry, right?

Still struggling with deciding if I should or should not.

James, I sent you an email.

Hi James, thank you for the sale! I've had multiple knives in my cart and even got as far as logging through paypal but haven't pulled the trigger... Wondering what other awesome stuff will show!

I am very interested in the Hinoura gyutos, and a question was asked in a thread: is there a difference in the geometry or grind of the migaki ss clad vs ku clad vs ku ss clad knives? I have a Tsukasa gyuto that is almost too pretty to use and don't relish having to work on the wide bevel, so thinking of a Mutsumi one which would be almost same geometry, right?
I am not lucky enough to get a Tsukasa gyuto so I can't tell for sure but I think the Tsukasa has a more blended shinogi? The Mutsumi has quite a distinctive shinogi line.
_1830696__38404.1480130368.1280.1280.jpg

Back