Quantcast
Please help me choose between these two pettys! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me choose between these two pettys!

I have always preferred western handles. Steel and length aside, I would choose the gesshin just for th western handle alone.

Thanks guys for the detailed replies. I'll wait a couple days and see if I hear back from Mr. Broida before I make a decision. I'm really into the idea of a Gesshin 210 wa petty as my first intro into wa-handles.

Quote Originally Posted by macmiddlebrooks View Post
    Thanks guys for the detailed replies. I'll wait a couple days and see if I hear back from Mr. Broida before I make a decision. I'm really into the idea of a Gesshin 210 wa petty as my first intro into wa-handles.
    I suggest you wait till you hear from him rather than wait to see 'if you do'. He knows the knives well and will be able to tell things about what you want that you can't tell, yourself. At least in my experience, he's that good a guide. I'm inordinately in love with mine, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be inordinately in love with the other choices too.

i think you also have to consider blade height. i might be mistaken, and jon will correct me if i'm wrong, but if you go yo-, then the blade height is taller than had you gone wa- for the same length. maybe i'm making that up, but i thought the last time when i was looking at them, that's what jon said ...

Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    i think you also have to consider blade height. i might be mistaken, and jon will correct me if i'm wrong, but if you go yo-, then the blade height is taller than had you gone wa- for the same length. maybe i'm making that up, but i thought the last time when i was looking at them, that's what jon said ...
    Mmmmm...,looking at the pics side by side, looks like the wa-handled GG has more knuckle room? (these are pics of the 180mm)