High Carbon steel knife on the roll?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's the internet effect. People are just more educated. I, for one, didn't know $hit about cutlery (althought I didn't know it) until I happened upon these forums.

I have no idea when I finally found the forums, but as tk59 stated, I didn't know I was ignorant of kitchen knives till I found them. I heard one person in culinary school make the statement that Japanese styled knives where far superior. I had no clue what he was talking about till I decided I was going to get a high quillity blade. I bite at search engins and it took a while to nitice that many of the questions I had came from the same place, a popular kitchen knife forum. So I poked my nose in and MANY years later I'm still here and as the article stated I'm fully converted to the carbon knife movement :)

Very nice.

-M

Could be a boon to the custom knife makers since market has raised prices of Kramer knives ; Could be a boon to the custom knife makers since market has raised prices of Kramer knives ; certainly out of my reach and the Custom makers pricing is not too far off from some of the mass produced factory’s pricing makes sense to have a custom knife made for us and live with it! ( worse case scenario).

just like the home gourmet cooks who has to endure using cast iron pans and learn to love the looks of it ( in the nice kitchen) . I searched the net to look seasoned carbon knives with beautiful patina(s). Haven’t come across any yet. Perhaps I have not developed the taste?

Hv a nice week-end...

rgds
DL

If I land this job I'll be picking up the Kramer/Zwelling knife, ya not the best route price wise but if I'm going to be selling them I should be familier with em lol

Last one I tried was incredably dull and could not get a good feel for the knife...

Heres hoping :)

I thought it was telling, that US was now the leading importer of Japanese knives. Apparently the advantages of Japanese knives are reaching the public. It was also interesting that the next big thing in knives is thought to be the Nakiri.

Jay

If I land this job I'll be picking up the Kramer/Zwelling knife, ya not the best route price wise but if I'm going to be selling them I should be familier with em lol

Last one I tried was incredably dull and could not get a good feel for the knife...

Heres hoping :)

Good luck on getting the new job. I think you will like the Kramer/Zwilling, with its nice large handle.

Jay

Good luck on getting the new job. I think you will like the Kramer/Zwilling, with its nice large handle.

Jay

I have a slot open in the 6" range so I'll see what I can get to fit it. Be the first knife in a couple years... for me anyway lol :wink:

Latest posts

Back