• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5.5 Sun Carter HG Wa-Bocho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's a 5.5 sun (6.5 inch, 165mm) Murray Carter HG Wa-Bocho, in stainless cladded white steel. Another "tester" I bought in my quest to find the perfect line knife.

Despite it's shorter length, this guy is taller at the heel (44mm) and has a good deal of flat edge. The knife has seen 11 hours of use in a professional capacity, meaning Murray's OOTB edge (which passed the three-finger-test upon arrival) isn't quite as awesome as it was, though it's still sharp as hell. I cut myself not once, but twice with this knife in the 11 hours I used it--more than I have cut myself in the last two years--and neither time I knew I'd done it until I saw blood. Haha.

cartersale.jpg

The knife has patina along the core and on the left face there's a rather long superficial scratch from about mid-way to the tip that would easily come out with a little TLC. My boss decided to hold a pork shoulder against the cutting board with a large grill fork and then slice it with the Carter, running the knife along the side of the grill fork as he did so. He's old, stuff happens, I really need to stop letting him use my knives though.

This guy retails new for $275, given the patina and the scratch and the fact that I've put 11 hours of use on the edge, I'll sell it for $210 PayPal.

Quick sale! Congrats to both parties.

Back