Welcome Back In The Kitchen!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
It seems like forever that I posted to a forum when it's only been a few days, I'm glad to be back. :)

The Kitchen Knife Forums have been created for 2 reasons....

1. To give the kitchen knifenuts back their home.

2. To help the small craftsman/businessman survive/thrive in this market.

It's my hope that we can put the drama from the past behind us and move forward to new and better things. Still though, I don't intend to forget the past because as the saying goes, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." I vow to learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others and to do my best not to repeat these errors here.

Also, even though we have vendors within this forum we are not going to be a commercial magnet, we will only allow vendors and craftsman who meet strict criteria. This forum will not become the vendor type playground that we have seen at other sites. Vendors will be restricted on posting their services and sales to their respective vendor sub-forums. Any violations will not be tolerated. If anyone sees vendor misbehavior (including from myself) please report it to a moderator. Problems will not go unanswered here.

So with that out of the way......let's get back to talking about knives.

Welcome!
Dave

One more note....

I'm real new to hosting a forum and using the associated software so I ask for both your feedback on any issues that arise and for your patience at the same time.

Thanks,
Dave

Great to be back posting again although in my case I have only been prohibited from posting for 16 hours.:p

Dave, you have really done a great job getting this forum up and running in such a short time. Well done.

Hi all, I currently use a Tormek which does a great job but a bit slow when pick up a half decent order to fill, any other machines suggested?

Hey Dave,
First custom knife rehandler, next custom knife maker, now webmaster. I vote Dave martell to be the next president! Btw, i was trying to post in the Back of the House Section (which i really like) and it's saying i don't have the privilage... maybe i i have to get my post count up, but if not would you know the reason?

Hey Dave,
First custom knife rehandler, next custom knife maker, now webmaster. I vote Dave martell to be the next president! Btw, i was trying to post in the Back of the House Section (which i really like) and it's saying i don't have the privilage... maybe i i have to get my post count up, but if not would you know the reason?

Nope, that's a problem, I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

President - LOL

Great to be back posting again although in my case I have only been prohibited from posting for 16 hours.:p

Dave, you have really done a great job getting this forum up and running in such a short time. Well done.

Jeez, I got a month! But I think I'll extend it to.......FOREVER! I likes it here juuust fine.

Nice to have a new place. You picked a great forum software as well. I own this software as well and it can be a bit intimidating at first but overall it is pretty easy to use.

Intimidating is an understatement! I feel like what I imagine Bill Gates felt like after he climbed up out of that motel room. :D

How many of us got kicked out? You me & Dave makes 3, I don't count Salty B/C he left on his own.

Now I am embarrassed that I didn't get kicked out...

Stefan

This is a grand effort Dave, well done, looks like this won't crash every 12 minutes too.

@ Colin, just post the emails here, I'm sure we could all do with a laugh..... ;)

@ Stefan, just go back and start a few threads about Dave, that will get you kicked pretty fast :D
Oh, and btw thank you for the Wa handle that Dave used to pimp my Hiro AS it's awesome (will have to post some pix of it soon).

Jim

Now I am embarrassed that I didn't get kicked out...

Stefan
x2. I wasn't on KF for close to a week because 1) I was tied up with the work going on at my house, and 2) KF kept crashing whenever I had time to try and visit. I got the emails from DM about his new forum, logged on/ registered, looked around, gave the thumbs-up, then went to visit KF. And that's when I started reading about what happened... Sadly all the threads were long-since locked by the time I got there.

I really think this forum will be a bit more, er, intimate. But not so intimate that people are spying and capturing all our online movements. :D

What up pimps. This format is so much better because I can post larger pictures....only thing I miss is the headbanging smiley!

Speaking of in the kitchen- I've been nursing a broken foot since the end of December, but I am getting back into the kitchen more.
KitchenCutups

Just about to add the liquid to the soup.......All the cutting done with a Takeda 210 Gyuto.....

Try these........

KitchenCutups

4pqbdne

2 versions of the same addy............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back