Quantcast
KKF Giveaway to support Bill BUrke - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF Giveaway to support Bill BUrke

Donation made.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Although I posted "I'm in" early on, pre-paypal working link, I did make a donation as well.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Personally I'm disgusted and I'm thinking that this may be the last time we help someone here.

I'm all for helping Bill, that's not at all an issue.

Oivind, I myself am hurting for $$ and spending every damn minute I have available trying to keep my family fed and housed in the most basic sense of these terms. I simply can't help all people all of the time and I have to chose where and when I expend my resources very carefully. I'm sorry if I haven't put forth the effort you see fit to support this fundraiser but I can assure you that I'm doing all that I can. I resent being singled out as much as I resent you singling out Ryan who is trying his best to help as a volunteer here. IMO you've ruined this fundraiser regardless of how much money is donated. As a result I doubt that we'll ever have such a thing here ever again and that's sad for me to say.

Dave

Well said, Dave.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by oivind_dahle View Post
    Nice.

Now things are happening. I was upset cause those who arranged this had no interest or didn't want to be involved. And I truly mean that if you can do anything really good, then don't do it at all. I want another than sudsy to control this fundraiser. Im 100% in with the shigefusa, I just wanted this to be really good. Im looking forward to see Dave put this on his mail and fb site as well.

Lets give this fundraiser 2 weeks with new leadership and involvement. Fundraising is fun, but the people in charge needs to have interest and do some extra to make this work...
    Nice post, Captain Asperger. I look forward to next week when you invite everyone to join you in your pool, right before you take a shit in it.

Hey guys. Let's just take a step back here. Whatever we want to do about future efforts like this, let's at least get this one done and as successful as possible! We're here to help Bill first, have a fun-for-everyone raffle second, and everything else falls way after.

Again, just my $.02, but let's hold off on any sort of big decisions or mud-flinging until after we get this effort successful and wrapped up

And, as a humble request, would it be possible to keep this thread related just to the positive thing we're trying to do here? If we want to create a separate thread, that's fine, but Colin and I DID just point a whole bunch of people here. Might be a good idea not to fight in front of the neighbors

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Hey guys. Let's just take a step back here. Whatever we want to do about future efforts like this, let's at least get this one done and as successful as possible! We're here to help Bill first, have a fun-for-everyone raffle second, and everything else falls way after.

Again, just my $.02, but let's hold off on any sort of big decisions until after we get this effort successful and wrapped up
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Nice post, Captain Asperger. I look forward to next week when you invite everyone to join you in your pool, right before you take a shit in it.
    Hey now. "Captain Asperger" wouldn't care if anyone was genuinely interested.

Oivind, I wonder how much of what is going on here is a result of poor expression and cultural differences, filtered through a low context medium like a webforum.

I'm personally happy that I forgot to sign up till now, and forgot that I had money to donate in paypal until today. I was hoping we could just move past it. This is about Bill, after all, and to some extent, it's about the KKF community as a whole.

Oivind has been a bit of a bull in a china shop this whole time, mailing off knives before we were sure we could find a legal way to raise donation awareness. Then bumping threads like crazy while mods were doing their thing. He just wants to help and be a good guy feverishly, but he can't be on everyone's side all the time at that level of intensity. I doubt Oivind really feels anything against Dave or Ryan as people.

There's no fly in the soup, I say. In some cultures, it's considered a delicacy.