• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shig 180 deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
Selling this beautiful deba. I have not used it since buying it, and I believe it originally belonged to von blewitt. It's in a very nice condition. I bought it as a 195 and was hoping for it to be a bit bigger than my 180 Toyama, but it's not. Shame really because it is a sweet bit of steel. Maybe if I done fish more often I would sell the Toyama and keep this but the Toyama is adequate and I could use the coin! $400 usd plus shipping cheers View attachment 33727View attachment 33728View attachment 33729

If it's the one I owned it's a 195mm measured from tip to handle (which is how Shig sells them) I currently have a 225mm yoshihide which is about 210 heel to tip.

It's a great knife and what got me hooked on shigefusa single bevels, good luck with the sale

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1480489518.315215.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1480489542.098053.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1480489563.240595.jpg

Thanks huw. Yeah I know that now... just to confuse things. Though as a ex Australian resident o should have known that about shigs!

Very interesting! Shig's usually come oversized don't they? nonetheless, pmed. I can not resist.

You should keep the Shig and let the Toyama loose. That one has quite a nice pedigree and needs some more love.

Wish I could offer the same, but not tonight, James ;)

Cheers

J

Back