New website

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan P.

Reaction score
I've been very quiet the last while, and my apologies to those who are waiting on knives- I am a bit behind, but they are coming!
There have been various goings on at the forge, an expensive re-wiring situation, and about a week spent at the dentist :stinker:.
I also went up to Sheffield to learn about big (BIG) grinders. Then of course I had to go back up to Sheffield to purchase one! :idea2:
Visited some toolmakers and other colleagues up there and a bouts, learning new and better ways of doing things, making connections. Fun but also necessary.
And I cobbled up a new website.
I'm trying a different approach, a more traditional "make and then sell" model, though of course I am and will always be open to new ideas and challenges should specific knife needs (wants) arise.
Inventory is little to none, but do please check it out and let me know what you think?

www.prendergastknives.com

Very nice, very different as I was just looking at your old website due to your name coming up in another thread.

One thing though, there is no mention of doing custom or "to order" knives anymore. No more lovely integrals?

I know it's more work, but from most artisan knifemakers, I'm used to seeing multiple pictures of each specific individual knife being sold on their website, the exception being Japanese makers.

Thanks for the feedback cheflivengood and milkbaby!
Milkbaby, it's a work in progress, I will definitely be putting more photos up shortly.
There's no mention of custom or integrals at the moment. I'm getting a mention in a national newspaper this Saturday and I wanted to keep things simple.

National news! Congrats! :doublethumbsup:

At this rate though, I'll never be able to afford a post-fame Prendergast knife... :( :)

I know you're not in the USA, but look what happened to Chelsea Miller after she got in a national publication... Her knives are not aesthetically pleasing to me eyes though.

National news! Congrats! :doublethumbsup:

At this rate though, I'll never be able to afford a post-fame Prendergast knife... :( :)

I know you're not in the USA, but look what happened to Chelsea Miller after she got in a national publication... Her knives are not aesthetically pleasing to me eyes though.

Some of the new kitchen knife makers have an understanding of how to work the media to a degree I can't comprehend, and good luck to them, I guess.
If I experience an upswing in popularity I've no intention of cranking up prices just because I can. I know my knives aren't cheap, but I do truly endeavour to keep my prices as low as possible. I just hope I can keep up with demand should that situation arise.

What's the paper? I'd like to read the article

What's the paper? I'd like to read the article

If you go to my Instagram page, linked below, I took a photo and posted it.
Not an article, unfortunately, just a tiny box.
I think I got maybe 2 or 3 orders from it.
Ha!

The first Prendergast gyuto has just hit the BST so i thought to myself "let's just have a look around on your website before asking anyone to ship it back to it's homeland" and snatched the bunka quickly. :)
Couldn't find any KKF member discount tho'. :D

Hey Dan,

Is it possible to get alerts somehow about your new pieces? I do not have any non-Japanese knives and as my first, I'd want to support our local smiths and so would love to pick up one of yours.

Thumbs up on the site btw.

Yeah, I like the idea of supporting local smiths/makers. Pretty easy to do in my case (and in yours too I think) because of the greatwork the local guys do.

The first Prendergast gyuto has just hit the BST so i thought to myself "let's just have a look around on your website before asking anyone to ship it back to it's homeland" and snatched the bunka quickly. :)
Couldn't find any KKF member discount tho'. :D

Many Thanks, it'll be in the post on Monday!

Hey Dan,

Is it possible to get alerts somehow about your new pieces? I do not have any non-Japanese knives and as my first, I'd want to support our local smiths and so would love to pick up one of yours.

Thumbs up on the site btw.

I tried to cobble together a mailing list, but I've only used it once.
Can anyone suggest a good way of doing a mailing list on gmail, or some kind of gizmo that does it for you??

I tried to cobble together a mailing list, but I've only used it once.
Can anyone suggest a good way of doing a mailing list on gmail, or some kind of gizmo that does it for you??

Hey Dan,

I realize this post is almost 2 months old, but I went through the whole registration process to answer this...for whatever that's worth. :)

I started a small business several years ago and we have been using "MailChimp" for our email marketing. If you're just sending a few emails a month and have less than 2000 subscribers, it's completely free!

For the record...I don't work for them, market for them, or make anything if you check them out. I just think it's a pretty good service, is easy to use, and may be what you're looking for.

Take care,
Philip

Many thanks Philip, I'll give it a look!

Back