Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New website

New website

I've been very quiet the last while, and my apologies to those who are waiting on knives- I am a bit behind, but they are coming!
    There have been various goings on at the forge, an expensive re-wiring situation, and about a week spent at the dentist .
    I also went up to Sheffield to learn about big (BIG) grinders. Then of course I had to go back up to Sheffield to purchase one!
    Visited some toolmakers and other colleagues up there and a bouts, learning new and better ways of doing things, making connections. Fun but also necessary.
    And I cobbled up a new website.
    I'm trying a different approach, a more traditional "make and then sell" model, though of course I am and will always be open to new ideas and challenges should specific knife needs (wants) arise.
    Inventory is little to none, but do please check it out and let me know what you think?

www.prendergastknives.com

looks great!!!

Very nice, very different as I was just looking at your old website due to your name coming up in another thread.

One thing though, there is no mention of doing custom or "to order" knives anymore. No more lovely integrals?

I know it's more work, but from most artisan knifemakers, I'm used to seeing multiple pictures of each specific individual knife being sold on their website, the exception being Japanese makers.

Thanks for the feedback cheflivengood and milkbaby!
    Milkbaby, it's a work in progress, I will definitely be putting more photos up shortly.
    There's no mention of custom or integrals at the moment. I'm getting a mention in a national newspaper this Saturday and I wanted to keep things simple.

Nice new website!

Beautiful site Dan. Good luck with it.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

National news! Congrats!

At this rate though, I'll never be able to afford a post-fame Prendergast knife...

I know you're not in the USA, but look what happened to Chelsea Miller after she got in a national publication... Her knives are not aesthetically pleasing to me eyes though.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    National news! Congrats!

At this rate though, I'll never be able to afford a post-fame Prendergast knife...

I know you're not in the USA, but look what happened to Chelsea Miller after she got in a national publication... Her knives are not aesthetically pleasing to me eyes though.
    Some of the new kitchen knife makers have an understanding of how to work the media to a degree I can't comprehend, and good luck to them, I guess.
    If I experience an upswing in popularity I've no intention of cranking up prices just because I can. I know my knives aren't cheap, but I do truly endeavour to keep my prices as low as possible. I just hope I can keep up with demand should that situation arise.

Love the site, DP, get prepared to start dealing with a three year waiting list.............
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.