Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: beater most used knife

Quote Originally Posted by tomsch View Post
    My daily beater is a semi-production 240mm AEBL HHH Gyuto. I've re-profiled down to about 12 degrees per side and it hold an edge very well though pretty much every daily cutting chores. Keep in mind that it is only for home use but it is a great every day beater!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Use my hhh knife protech, kind of a mid light weight short gyuto. It was cheapish and is basically maintenance free. I had the handle scales re attached after a mishap and couldn't be happier. If works slow I grab my cleaver for practice or maybe some other blade. Vip diners done in front of guests I use something fancy.
    Don't HHH knives start at like $700??!?! Pretty luxurious beaters up in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppabo View Post
    Don't HHH knives start at like $700??!?! Pretty luxurious beaters up in here!
    The HHH protech was 200 ish. He does a lazer cut aebl full custom for under 400 or a mass produced variant for 200-295. Beautiful blades. Mine has been modified to be xtra sexy.

Yep I paid $200+ for the aebl semi-production 240mm. Great price for a knife that has served me well as my daily go-to knife. Takes a nice edge and retains is for quite some time with just minor stropping.

My knives getting the heaviest workouts lately are a 225mm Marko AEB-L gyuto and a Mert Tansu 255mm honyaki gyutohiki in blue steel I think.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Currently the only knife I've been using is masamoto hc
    . It's a heavy beast and feels so great after using only light knives.

Uraku for working on the line for me.

I find that lately ive been using my 150mm carbon funayuki alot more than any of my gyutos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef_ View Post
    I find that lately ive been using my 150mm carbon funayuki alot more than any of my gyutos.
    That's funny, I was just thinking how much I would enjoy using a zakuri 150mm funayuki at work. What funayuki do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    That's funny, I was just thinking how much I enjoy using a zakuri 150mm funayuki at work. What funayuki do you use?
    Yamashin. Actually 135mm, Its not the most nicely ground blade, but when its sharp that little thing is no joke.

I didn't see anyone post a Chuka.
    Hands down my favourite beater for sure. I swear they get BETTER with use, or was that abuse...lol
    just no frozen or bones. House crap for that.

Also, first time in a while uploading a pic and DAMN, had no idea photo bucket is now holding your nuts for ransom... FkkcrS!.

Viva Imgur!

Long live Carbon!!