Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: beater most used knife

I keep my nice knives in a roll and stashed in the pantry at home. I do keep a 8" Wusthof chef knife for when anyone over wants to cook. I also grab it from time to time for tough stuff such as splitting chickens.

Mine's a Global G-2. It's the knife my wife uses most, and it's the knife I end up using most often. I never get it out when I'm doing actual prep, but for those times when I just need to cut up one pepper or cut a piece of pizza in half (or whatever) the G-2 is what does the job. I've had it for almost 20 years. "Ol' Reliable."

My current go-to knives are my KS and my Miyabi Koh. The KS is my daily driver and the Koh is the knife I reach for when I need to do something small or don't want to do with the KS. The Koh is also my current travel knife. I have a fair few knives though and I do rotate. HD2 and FKH pair get a lot of board time too.
    -Kit

i did what i posted previously i wouldnt do and that is to spend 200 on a beater, and now it's become my most used knife (yoshihiro ginsan-ko 240) but only after i thinned the hell out of it and got the spine+choil heavily rounded. monosteel g3 is awesome, the only stainless i will tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsch View Post
    I keep my nice knives in a roll and stashed in the pantry at home. I do keep a 8" Wusthof chef knife for when anyone over wants to cook. I also grab it from time to time for tough stuff such as splitting chickens.
    new thread theme, "how many of us have to hide our best blades?"
    All the bloody time!
    Long live Carbon!!

Well, after a long road of selling off lots of stuff, I managed to keep my Marko 225mm in 52100. I've used it almost daily in a pro environment for years now, so I guess it qualifies as my work beater. I've thought about offering to send it back to Marko so he can see how well his work has held up after many sharpenings and endless hours of use.

At home it would be a Mac pro santoku. It was my very first "j-knife". I reach for it everytime.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Glestain stainless gyuto 210mm...