Quantcast
Dave M custom v Hattori FH v Konosuke HD v Gesshin Ginga 300mm Yo Handle Suji
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave M custom v Hattori FH v Konosuke HD v Gesshin Ginga 300mm Yo Handle Suji

Dave M custom v Hattori FH v Konosuke HD v Gesshin Ginga 300mm Yo Handle Suji

Which would you pick and why please

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    58 posts with 22 of them being new threads?! Did Dave hire you to help pump the forum stats or something?!

Anyways, for me I'd pick a Martell because it's the only carbon knife you listed (and also, it's a custom. And made by a forum member. And comes with free lifetime sharpening).

After that I'd get the HD, followed by the Ginga, followed by the Hattori.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Anyways, for me I'd pick a Martell... After that I'd get the HD, followed by the Ginga, followed by the Hattori.
    +1 Although my reasoning is a little different. I'd get the Martell first because I've heard some good things about it. The rest is icing.

i feel like the cost for the martell is higher than the others, so is this really a fair comparison? and i'm not saying it's an auto-win for martell either (i have no idea about dave's knives yet - haven't read enough reviews). the HD is a forum favorite since its release - hard to go wrong with one of those.

You are asking for preference between carbon, stainless, wa/yo handle, and gyuto/suji in the same post. Are you just wanting to try another knife or is this for a specific task?
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    You are asking for preference between carbon, stainless, wa/yo handle, and gyuto/suji in the same post. Are you just wanting to try another knife or is this for a specific task?
    +1. This is a little confusing as to purpose of post. They're they're all different classes/types of knives.

I'm not sure what you all are talking about. A 300 suji is a designated slicer unless your a mountain man from Montana or something. All are thin blades (other than the Hattori which is a little thicker)... Am I missing something?

58 posts with 22 of them being new threads?! Did Dave hire you to help pump the forum stats or something?!

Anyways, for me I'd pick a Martell because it's the only carbon knife you listed (and also, it's a custom. And made by a forum member. And comes with free lifetime sharpening).

After that I'd get the HD, followed by the Ginga, followed by the Hattori.
    All of the above, +1.

I'm just glad it's not another 180mm gyuto thread....

Really though, a 300mm suji is a big ass knife.
    I guess I'm just curious why you need/want one.

"Uh yes, I'll take the smurf gyuto aaannnddd... the katana."
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Thanks

OK, its clear from the responses to this thread that the forum has run out of patience with me trying to understand all the different nuances of knives. I fully understand that i ask a lot of dumb questions that can be repetitive and weird,but i will be the first to admit im over compulsive about exploring every angle and option before buying anything. I will stop posting any more generic questions just to get thoughts and stimulate threads.

Just in my defence, since starting 2 months ago I have ordered product from CKTG, EE and Japan Blades. I am currently working with Boardsmith and Marko on further order.

I have seen on other forums where a poster becomes humourous to the core of that forum, I can see that im either there or quickly getting there so i know its time to quit.

Ill just watch from a distance

Alan

+ Reply to Thread