The Next Grand-Palooza Knife Fight Event Extraordinaire -- Minneapolis 2017

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have not been on the forums in a while. I have kids, depression, knives, a wife, did I mention kids?

Anyhow, I feel that in the upper Midwest we have some amazing knife resources. Salty, Mario, Chuckles, CustomFan, Heldentenor, moi-self Mr. Drinky, Justin 0505, and some others that I will feel bad for missing...KKf member came from AZ, Chicago, Wisconsin, MN etc.

So the last knife party we had was epic. We had 300+ knives from many custom makers. Burke, Dabney, Haburn, Nguyen, and Bloodroot made blades to test out, and we all had many other blades to make things obscene.

Then we had a debris field of people littering my house for three days straight....

It was the last time we all hung out with Danny, and it was cool...and I will never forget that time. We are approaching the year mark when Danny signed out of the forum for the last time, and this deserves a good party. A really good fuc**n party.

So this is what I want, or would like, etc.

* I am going to make the dates to ensure that Stefan Kellar can possibly make it. He needs to come. He's coming. Did I say he is coming?
* I would love for 2-4 makers to come. That happened last time too.
* I would love to have some Randy billets of damascus.
* My dream is for someone to do a hammer-in. Or in lieu of that some sort of quenching or heat treatment. Teach the cooks about steel. Just do it.
* I'm not sure where and when this will happen. I have a place in Chicao and here in Minneapolis. We'll see....and I might be buying a bar.

Yeah, and all of that other stuff...

Let me know if you are interested.

Karring

Last edited by a moderator:
So cool to see you back in the neighborhood Karring. Miss Danny every time I see one of his old posts...this sounds like a good plan.

Cheers

I would love to send a blade , I am so bummed I couldn't make one for the PNW gathering, wish I could make in person, I will be in USA in late September

And just like a couple of years ago, this sounded like the best idea when I had way too much to drink. Oh well...it worked out last time too.

As far as timing, I am looking at something next fall. The last party took way too much planning, and three months lead time was not enough for makers to put a blade together if they wanted to send something in.

And now I am going to have to check my PMs, as I am pretty sure I offered to relocate Dave Martell's whole family to Minneapolis, cash in my 401k for his leisure, and work as his man servant in perpetuity.

k.

I don't know is it just going to be a bunch of old guys napping in recliners? :rofl2:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...ow-old-are-you-guys/page15?highlight=Fcuk+you

Sort of. And knives too.

IMG_1024.jpg

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long, but I will move hell itself to make it. Even if only to be able to meet some of you in person, and say Thanks for fueling Danny's passions. :urweird:

I'm not nearly as smart and funny as he was, but I'm getting my legs back underneath me a little bit everyday. This will be fun to look forward to :)

You know I'll be there. Even sober it will be a blast.
I should have my motorhome by then.

I'll be there. I picked up a couple of blades since the last one that don't get nearly the use they deserve. If it's in MPLS, I might be able to line up something cool through some guys that Chuckles knows.

Back