I have not been on the forums in a while. I have kids, depression, knives, a wife, did I mention kids?
Anyhow, I feel that in the upper Midwest we have some amazing knife resources. Salty, Mario, Chuckles, CustomFan, Heldentenor, moi-self Mr. Drinky, Justin 0505, and some others that I will feel bad for missing...KKf member came from AZ, Chicago, Wisconsin, MN etc.
So the last knife party we had was epic. We had 300+ knives from many custom makers. Burke, Dabney, Haburn, Nguyen, and Bloodroot made blades to test out, and we all had many other blades to make things obscene.
Then we had a debris field of people littering my house for three days straight....
It was the last time we all hung out with Danny, and it was cool...and I will never forget that time. We are approaching the year mark when Danny signed out of the forum for the last time, and this deserves a good party. A really good fuc**n party.
So this is what I want, or would like, etc.
* I am going to make the dates to ensure that Stefan Kellar can possibly make it. He needs to come. He's coming. Did I say he is coming?
* I would love for 2-4 makers to come. That happened last time too.
* I would love to have some Randy billets of damascus.
* My dream is for someone to do a hammer-in. Or in lieu of that some sort of quenching or heat treatment. Teach the cooks about steel. Just do it.
* I'm not sure where and when this will happen. I have a place in Chicao and here in Minneapolis. We'll see....and I might be buying a bar.
Yeah, and all of that other stuff...
Let me know if you are interested.