Kiritsuke - No wonder folks are confused

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Shun's marketing department is running the company. And redefining knife types. Engineering is a cube farm in the basement. And I can't find my ******** flag. :cool2:

But still at $99 sale price, it may not suck.

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/shun-...um=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=

• Description
[FONT=&amp]
•Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core with 34-layers (each side) and stainless Damascus cladding
•Rockwell Hardness: 60-61; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
•D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle is strong, durable and resists moisture
•Full tang provides strength and balance; hand wash with gentle dish soap
•Handcrafted in Seki, Japan with a limited lifetime warranty

The Shun Classic Kiritsuke Knife is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife and offers top cutting performance and versatility, ideal for slicing and push-cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It's also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully and features a slightly curved edge so that it even works well with rocking cuts.

[/FONT]

Also perfect for carving pumpkins and opening coffee cans, in the ancient tradition of the Japanese swordsman.

I like that the PC word for shill is now referred to as Brand Ambassador. I'm looking at you Chris Cosentino.

Chris Cosentino ain't got nuthin' on Alton Brown:

[video=youtube;lBN-94ZFTfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBN-94ZFTfM[/video]

That being said, I could sleep easy whoring myself out to sell some housewives a couple knives they may end up chipping.

I would be confused too if my knives looked like this...

108002-679x691-Alton-Brown.jpg

But still at $99 sale price, it may not suck.]

I agree with this sentiment. Shuns and Miyabis are always on sale. At the sale prices, they are not bad...arguably better than Henckels and Wusthofs which are priced comparably. They are good for starting into Japanese knives.

That said, I would not buy a Shun at full price.

Alton brown is not a chef, so him being a whore is more understandable.

Not a chef, but is he truly someone that should be disrespected in the culinary world?

Latest posts

Back