Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bork-Wood Introduction

Bork-Wood Introduction

Hello everyone and thanks for having me here at Kitchen Knife Forums!

I have already seen some familiar faces (names) here that I recognize from Instagram (@BorkWoodNC). I can already tell this is going to hurt my wallet a little more than just the vendor fees looking at all the beautiful knives around here!

My name is Matt and I am a woodworker located on the coast of North Carolina in Wilmington. I enjoy all types of woodworking but here will focus on sharing (and hopefully selling) some of my butcher blocks, charcuterie boards, serving trays, and knife racks.

I enjoy working with many types of wood including reclaimed domestic hardwoods and sustain-ably harvested exotic species. I can already see from some of the incredible knife handles that most of you have a decent knowledge of the wide variety of wood types available around the world.

I have a few items on my website but am working to change how that operates and just post one-of-a-kind items as they become available. Most of my work is custom, made-to-order based on the customers’ needs and wants. I will do a separate post showing a sample of my completed projects so you can all see my style and range of options. You will see that I enjoy sharing the process of building these unique pieces.

I look forward to connecting with you and participating on the forums, thanks for having me!

Matt

The below board was a custom designed piece for Chef Lawrence Duran, private chef for the family of Mark Wahlberg

Administrator
    Welcome aboard Matt. Whatcha got for Christmas baubles?
    Older and wider..

Wow! You've got some niceties on your site...welcome aboard!

Also noticed you sell board butter...people around these parts use a bunch of it...
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Welcome aboard Matt. Whatcha got for Christmas baubles?
    Thank you Dave!

Pretty slammed finishing up custom orders for the holidays to do much more! I do have a small amount of inventory not spoken for, mostly smaller face grain boards and a few magnetic knife racks.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Wow! You've got some niceties on your site...welcome aboard!

Also noticed you sell board butter...people around these parts use a bunch of it...
    Thank you chinacats!

That is good to know! I may look at doing some larger quantities or KKF specials on the board butter if that's the case!

And I do enjoy tinkering with the formula and looking for real world testers occasionally......

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by bkultra View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks bkultra, happy to be here!

Lovely work, welcome!

Welcome!

Make and sell a giant knife block with big wholes suitable for gyutos (chef knives) and cleavers :-) ???

Welcome Matt. You've Got some nice boards there.
    "My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my knives for what I told her they are worth"