Quantcast
Copal Amber - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Copal Amber

Butt serially, what a great handle, and a great pairing with that blade!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    OK I really like pressure fitting it took me all of 15min to get this handle on. Just make a slot and hammer it on. I capped it with some epoxy like Takeda.
    Tinh I will let you know how the amber holds up
    That looks like a kitchen knife Sinbad would have! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Is that one of Nathan's?

He's like Johnny Appleseed, lol.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Were you able to work with the amber like most other mediums? Or did you have to get some specialty tools to shape it?
    Worked it no differently than wood

looks like i will have to cruise the net for some amber.absolutely beautiful

Well, I showed the handle to my daughter and she really likes it, she keeps looking at it (not pissed at all). She said the amber looks like clouds at sunset trapped in a jar, a very beautiful and eloquent way to describe it. Kids are amazing, if you guys don't have any I highly recommend you get a couple.

If the amber gets dark, you can refresh it by putting it in the sun. My kids wear amber necklaces that somehow actually help immensely with teething pain and they get dull and don't work as well, and putting them in the sun activates some kind of chemical in them and gets em going, and they look better. The crunchy folks call it "recharging". My wife saw this and said, "It's amber? That HAS to be good for you!"

+ Reply to Thread