what about the "other" side of whiskey.? the big bottles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
every thread on whiskey turns to single malts, single cask bourbons, etc.

what about mainstream booze? i'm talking Jack Daniels, Seagrams 7, etc. i have some deer hunt buddies. i always bring a great bottle of bourbon, and everyone will gravitate towards the big giant bottle of captain morgans. :) sure it mixes better with ginger ale. i get it.

i havent had Crown Royal in years, but i remember that a few deer seasons ago. my japanese scotch went virtually untouched.

you have a taste for the mainstream players?

I like the lesser drank big batch stuff more...Old grandad, ritenhouse rye to name a few that are easy to find, in a lot of bars "Well" section but are great sippers/shooters.

I have a friend who loves very young red wine. He once came to my place and I opened for him a very good bottle of an Argentinian Malbec, (Catena Alta 2008). He hated the woody aroma and palate and gravitated back to his 2016 red...

Morale is not to waste your good stuff with those who don't appreciate it. You won't change their taste..

Loved Canadian Mist mixed with Mountain Dew back in college. 'Course we drank things like Coors Light, Bud and Busch back then as well... :sad0:

We usually have bottles of Grey Goose and Sapphire around for use with tonic; also usually have some Markers Mark and Bacardi rums around. Lots of liquors as well, which is what we normally have.

For all the fun I've had with scotch in my life, a $25 fifth of J&B blended gets the job done just fine.

Wow, nice. Had that exact bottle at dinner on Saturday night.

I had been saving it from a long time. Bought it about 4 years ago and had it laying in the dark, only to be unappreciated, that's life haha

I have a friend who loves very young red wine. He once came to my place and I opened for him a very good bottle of an Argentinian Malbec, (Catena Alta 2008). He hated the woody aroma and palate and gravitated back to his 2016 red...

Morale is not to waste your good stuff with those who don't appreciate it. You won't change their taste..

wow. i've had that bottle as well. i dig a Malbec..great great bargains sometimes.

Boom, I think you must hunt with fellows that are more sophisticated than my southern buddies.

Whiskey is a term that refers to the two kinds of liquor. There's brown liquor and white liquor. It is unlucky to drink brown liquor before dark - tho its fine "right at dark". "Right at dark" is a period that may last 3-4 hours when hunting is still sort of legal as long as you're not caught. Its ok to mix it with any beverage found at camp. Except Mt. Dew.

White liquor is only drunk during the daylight hours. It includes vodka. It may be pepper flavored, citrus flavored, coconut flavored or for the old farts it comes in vodka flavored. It is mixed with ZingZang to make bloodies. No one really likes bloodies but who can argue with getting drunk for breakfast?

Note for fishing season: It is absolutely prohibited to have white liquor on a boat. Both the liquor and the owner of same are subject to being thrown overboard.

Beer is like water. But flavored and more sanitary.

Wine is something the old lady does. (Is it also true on the left coast that the married guys get to camp sooner and stay later than the single guys? )

My friend Freddy claims to know who the Capt is. Freddy lived in the city for awhile. He won't share.

Makers hits the spot, and I've been known to carry a handle of Jim Beam to a good tailgate...

Korbel Brandy gets bought by the case in this neck of the woods - along with Tito's and Captain. You have to prep for whatever mood you're in at the time.

Back