Tipping Point

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Good ish Jon! Lol the "non-douchy part of bev hills" lol. Ive personally seen Jon steer a customer away from a more xpensive knife to sell him a less expensive knife thats more suited for his use. A+++

Forgot to say, very cool to spend all day playing knives while wearing the western equivalent of some PJ's and making a living out of it.

Good on him !

Jon deserves every compliment from my point of view, I guess I owe his tubes most of my knowledge and a big part of my enthusiasm...and he does it is such a humble way.

Damn cool and hope to meet him one day. I've watches so many of his videos of sharpening.

Reading this article is just a great start to my day. Cheers to you Jon for having such a special business in the world of knives.

:doublethumbsup:

Unfortunately, now I want a Ginrei gyuto after seeing those pics... :knife:

Was good to see the article. Kind of justifies what friends see as almost bizarre behaviour.

Now about that $350 Gingetsu cited. ...:cool2:

Good on him !

Jon deserves every compliment from my point of view, I guess I owe his tubes most of my knowledge and a big part of my enthusiasm...and he does it is such a humble way.

Damn cool and hope to meet him one day. I've watches so many of his videos of sharpening.
+1 on both counts (so I guess +2?).

Good on you John.

he asked me what was the most requested knife, and i said gengetsu, so he asked if i had one (and i personally do), so i showed him. I told him it would piss some people off to see it on there ;)

Nice! For me it is the personal touch that takes JKI to the top tier: the borderline obscenely thoughtful and quick communication, the delicate wrapping and the handwritten note. Jon and Sara... thank you!

Very good article about a very good man. Jon - I hope the article brings the wider world to your door. Your email communication is fast, friendly and informative. Your videos are very educational. The only problem is now that I've seen your store, I must visit. But 8,000 miles is not exactly next door... I need a plan!

Punk rock in a knife store?!? Surely that should be heavy metal. :wink:

Thanks for posting the link badgertooth.

maybe... we sell a lot of ginga, kagero, and ikazuchi too... but, yeah, probably uraku. line cooks love that line... it can take a beating.

even though i might not have done much business with jon, my favorite thing about him is that you can really tell this is a passion of his (and cares about his customers) and not just a means to make money because lets face it there is obviously way easier businesses for that. bonus points because he has cred with restaurant pro's for having prior experience.

he kills me with wearing old skool japanese attire though :D

even though i might not have done much business with jon, my favorite thing about him is that you can really tell this is a passion of his (and cares about his customers) and not just a means to make money because lets face it there is obviously way easier businesses for that. bonus points because he has cred with restaurant pro's for having prior experience.

he kills me with wearing old skool japanese attire though :D

You're just jealous that you can't work in your pj's :biggrin:

Back