Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your go-to hotsauce?

Yep I used to just eat a few tbsp of sambal oelek on basmati with butter when times were tough
    Blue skies over bad lands

Hmmm...my all time go to is classic Tobasco for plain old fire but I've really like using dry pepper for some time now. My favorite currently on scrambled eggs is Hungarian Paprika.

Gringo Bandito if you can find it. Both red and green are excellent everyday sauces.

Grow my own chili's as get ripe store in freezer. Hawaiian chili peppers, garlic, fingertip ginger, rice vinegar, Hi. rock salt. Boil water. Store in Mason jars & ceramic flip top beer bottles. Hawaiian chili pepper water more chili's more heat.

for quick home made i like jarred calabrian peppers pulsed with some garlic vinegar and sugar.

As a condiment, ass-kicking roasted garlic.
    One of my favourite overall: Cambridge chili farms "10". Heaps of naga, very fruity, good amount of heat.

Default? Tabasco Habanero.

Blair's MegaDeath if i'm wanting some bite.

I like lots of different sauces, in fact, make many myself from the garden.

For those that haven't ventured outside vinegar based hot sauces (Tabasco, Reds, Franks...), I wanted to post a review of my favorite hot sauce Marie Sharps. Its readily available and has a very different picante profile than vinegar sauces. Sampling them side by side really demonstrates how complex MS scotch bonnet really is.

http://goodhurts.blogspot.com/2010/0...es-finger.html
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Thanks for the Marie Sharps site, she has quite a few choices. Going to check I think the big Safeway store here might have it. That's where I buy my Mexican salsa's.

Where do you buy yours?

I usually make a half gallon of chili water at a time. Store it in the green Grolsh beer bottles. I wash off the labels the Grolsh logo is on the dark green glass itself.

I substituted pineapple juice instead of vinegar on one batch. It was not bad sweeter less bite. For chili water I prefer the vinegar version.

Keith, I used to bring it home from Belize, that where I first discovered it. Now I buy it on Amazon. I like their green sauce for eggs too. I just got some of their BEWARE version. It's has a "keep away from children" caution label on it. LOL
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.