D. Martell Martell Knives w/Pre-Made Wa Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
As many of you may remember I had partnered up (more like he helped me out big time) with James from Knives and Stones to bring in his pre-made wa handles to install on my Martell knives and it was an immediate success. I wanted to continue on with this idea so James was kind enough to once again supply me with a load his handles.

What's so special about this?

For starters - the price point.

When I don't have to purchase handle materials & abrasive consumables, nor work the handles (besides installation), I can offer the knives for sale at a substantial discount to what I normally charge, in most cases about $150 OFF! my standard pricing. Does that have your attention? :wink:

Then consider the quality of these handles. We're getting ebony and buffalo horn (in black & blond/streaked) plus either white G10 or nickel silver spacers are also available on some models. The build quality and finish is great on these handles and they are, IMHO, premium handles.

I've attached some pictures of the handles I just received and are available today.

These handles are ONLY available for installation on a Martell knife. If you're interested in ordering one of my knives to have one of these handles then please contact me via PM or email and let me know which handle/knife you desire, we'll talk pricing, and then move forward with getting your knife started ASAP.

I can only offer what's available in the pictures below, no custom options/ordering available.

This is 1st come - first served.

Thanks for your time and please feel free to comment below, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this project.

Regards,
Dave

*Note - the handles are shown in a protective shrink wrap film. Any imperfections noticed are likely from this packaging and do not reflect the quality of the handle itself.

240 Gyuto1.JPG

270 Gyuto2.JPG

270 Suji1.JPG

300mm Suji.JPG

I hope this comment isn't out of place (if so please remove), but I just received five of these handles from James as well.

All I can say is wow… the craftsmanship and f&f is top notch as with a fully custom handle, yet the simplicity and elegance of ebony with horn speaks to Japanese tradition wothout being too "loud" to take away from the blade they will be paired with (not sure if that makes any sense or not). I'm very impressed

I hope this comment isn't out of place (if so please remove), but I just received five of these handles from James as well.

All I can say is wow… the craftsmanship and f&f is top notch as with a fully custom handle, yet the simplicity and elegance of ebony with horn speaks to Japanese tradition wothout being too "loud" to take away from the blade they will be paired with (not sure if that makes any sense or not). I'm very impressed

Your comments are always welcome Tanner. I agree with them too. :)

I'm going to have a couple of Martell knives coming up soon with these handles on them..stay tuned!

I'm going to have a couple of Martell knives coming up soon with these handles on them..stay tuned!

The first one will be a CPM-154 240mm gyuto with the #3 marbled buffalo horn/nickel silver spacer/ebony....

$500 ($125 OFF!!!)

240 Gyuto No3.JPG

I just had a PM asking if this knife is spoken for, the answer was "not yet". ;)

The next one coming is a 300mm CPM-154 sujihiki using handle #4 (shown below).

I've got it profiled out and handle fitted. Just need to grind it now.

Price - $550 ($150 OFF)

PS - If you're interested it needs an owner.
:wink:

300mm Suji No4.JPG

Price - $550 ($150 OFF)

Besides this, does anyone have a request? I'd much rather build a purpose built knife where the customer picks the handle and blade style than to just make whatever so please feel free to contact me if you're interested in something here.

The first one will be a CPM-154 240mm gyuto with the #3 marbled buffalo horn/nickel silver spacer/ebony....

attachment.php

Here's the first one. It looks a lot better mounted on a knife with the protective wrapping removed, eh?

So what do you think? :)

Click on the picture to see more.....

Very much so looking forward to this knife. Loved that handle from the moment Dave posted that group shot. Been looking into a new stainless knife to use in this very small and very poorly designed kitchen I will be spending the next few months in. Perfect timing for me. Thanks again Dave.

Very much so looking forward to this knife. Loved that handle from the moment Dave posted that group shot. Been looking into a new stainless knife to use in this very small and very poorly designed kitchen I will be spending the next few months in. Perfect timing for me. Thanks again Dave.

You're welcome and thanks back at you! :thumbsup:

Price - $550 ($150 OFF)

Working on this one today. :spiteful:

attachment.php

$500 ($125 OFF!!!)

I received this knife today and can confirm that the group shot of all the handles wrapped in plastic does not do them justice. If you are on the fence about purchasing one of these Martell blades with a K&S handle I recommend pulling that trigger. I bought this knife as a stainless counterpart to my full custom so I wouldn't ruin my much anticipated work of art from Dave. I can not wait to return to work tomorrow and get to prepping.

I received this knife today and can confirm that the group shot of all the handles wrapped in plastic does not do them justice. If you are on the fence about purchasing one of these Martell blades with a K&S handle I recommend pulling that trigger. I bought this knife as a stainless counterpart to my full custom so I wouldn't ruin my much anticipated work of art from Dave. I can not wait to return to work tomorrow and get to prepping.

Thanks for the kind words Kevin as well as all of your support! :)

he next one coming is a 300mm CPM-154 sujihiki using handle #4 (shown below).

Price - $550 ($150 OFF)

Working on this one today. :spiteful:

attachment.php

I got side tracked with a flood of sharpening work and only managed to get the knife rough ground but over the next couple of days this one will be finished. Still needs and owner. :wink:

240mm CPM154 gyuto using handle #5 (w/streaked blond buffalo).

Price - $500 ($125 OFF!!!)

240 Gyuto5.JPG

Gahhh!!! I can't make up my mind on whether to go for one of your knives with your awesome western handles, or one with these fantastic wa-handles!

Back