Aliens, Bigfoot, UFOs ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Ok I know this is way off topic, but........
Have you ever seen aliens, bigfoot, a ufo?
Maybe you have a crazy uncle or neighbor or a friend of a friend who has?

I want to hear your stories.
Because afterall, "we are not alone".

three-gray-aliens-josh-crockett.jpg

Sorry,
Apperently I'm not crazy enough to be interesting to aliens.
I have spent a lot of time in the woods and no big feet either, although I have seen mountian lion here where they say there are none.
No ufo's either.
I do have plenty of crazy relatives, but they really aren't that interesting either.
Del

no aliens but everyone at my bar swears it's haunted by a bunch of spirits. i never see anyone. I went hunting near Crescent city, California one time and followed the biggest set of bare footprints I had ever seen with a six foot stride for about a half a mile and then suddenly the woods got quite and real spooky. I got the hell out of there. On the way back got turned around and missed the trail and stumbled onto about 500 acres of prime USDA marijuana and again the woods got quite and spooky and I had to get the hell out of there. I had my rifle, but bigfoot had more bullets with that AK.lol

A few years back we lived on some acreage at the top of a ridge.
In the evenings after dark I would sit out front and read by the porch light.
One time the dog let out a scared whine and ran for the front door.

The light from the front porch formed a circle of light.
Just past the edge of the light I could see a pair of glowing red eyes.
I was a little nervous, but instead of going inside like my dog wanted me to do I reached down and grabbed a piece of landscape rock the size of a golfball.
I figured if I threw a rock, whatever it was would run off.

Not so. When I threw the rock the eyes rose up to about waist high and started moving closer.
Now even more nervous I grabbed a handful of rocks and threw them one after another.
All of a sudden a few more sets of red eyes showed up moving around in the dark.

Seems throwing the rocks agitated them instead of scaring them off.
I don't remember running into the house but my dog beat me inside.
Whatever it was out there, they never came into the light but I would see the reflection of their eyes showing almost every time I looked outside throughout the night.

No but we have a ghost that I've seen and heard on several occasions. I'm not the only one. It's pretty much understood that there's one living in the basement next to the ice machine. Interesting spot to pick.

I heard that the ghost of KnifeForums past occupies the Off-Topic board ;)

Actually, I've never seen a ghost, but I had several friends in the army see the same one. Our old Germany Army barracks was purportedly haunted, and there is something creepy about being haunted by a dead Nazi.

k.

Trillions upon trillions of stars, and ours is the only one with a planet that supports life? I think not....

When you look into the sky, where does it end? And then, whats beyond that?

We only believe what we know; what we can see.

Last edited:
One year back in school I lived in a place pretty far from campus. We had a bus stop a couple blocks over, but that line only ran during “business hours.” So if I had any late classes I had to take a different line that dropped me off a looooong way from home.

After one particularly late Friday class I caught the very last bus of the night and it drops me off for the long dark walk home.

So there I am, all alone with nobody in sight, walking along a dark, desolate stretch when all of a sudden I’m blinded by a brilliant white light. And when my eyes adjust I see I’m in the middle of a circle of intense light coming from directly above me.

Then I notice I’m not alone. I’m surrounded by living things, creatures with silver skin and black beady eyes!

Then the light flew off and left me standing once again in the dark.

It was one of the coolest moments of my life.

The best part was how hit hit me by surprise, I wasn’t expecting it all. Yeah, I knew the police helicopter came down that stretch of beach every night somewhere between 10:00 and 11:00, but it came up from behind me that night so I didn’t see it coming. And I had no idea the grunion were running that night.

sr.

One year back in school I lived in a place pretty far from campus. We had a bus stop a couple blocks over, but that line only ran during “business hours.” So if I had any late classes I had to take a different line that dropped me off a looooong way from home.

After one particularly late Friday class I caught the very last bus of the night and it drops me off for the long dark walk home.

So there I am, all alone with nobody in sight, walking along a dark, desolate stretch when all of a sudden I’m blinded by a brilliant white light. And when my eyes adjust I see I’m in the middle of a circle of intense light coming from directly above me.

Then I notice I’m not alone. I’m surrounded by living things, creatures with silver skin and black beady eyes!

Then the light flew off and left me standing once again in the dark.

It was one of the coolest moments of my life.

The best part was how hit hit me by surprise, I wasn’t expecting it all. Yeah, I knew the police helicopter came down that stretch of beach every night somewhere between 10:00 and 11:00, but it came up from behind me that night so I didn’t see it coming. And I had no idea the grunion were running that night.

sr.

lol

I don't believe in Ghosts, as in "spirits of dead people hanging around", but I do believe its possible that something lives that we can't usually(or ever) see.
Aliens I totally believe in, but haven't seen any. I wouldn't mind at all. I have had a strange experience that could be attributed to abduction--for years when I a teenager, I would go to sleep and wake up with short scars near joints in my body, like old wounds(ones I would certainly remember) that have totally healed, but in a way that my cuts never heal. Always in a similar pattern too. Never figured it out, they are all still there.

No but we have a ghost that I've seen and heard on several occasions. I'm not the only one. It's pretty much understood that there's one living in the basement next to the ice machine. Interesting spot to pick.

I bet your ice machine is producing infrasonic noise.

Here are my thoughts.
Nobody can truthfully say for sure that there is no such thing as bigfoot, supernatural entities or even aliens.
All they can truthfully say is that they don't think there are, based on their experiences or opinion.

How can they know for sure?

My opinion on whether they exist is "sh.. I don't know".
I am entertained by the stories and don't automatically think the people who tell them are wacko.
But they might be. Maybe they are wacko because of what the aliens did to them.

Here are my thoughts.
Nobody can truthfully say for sure that there is no such thing as bigfoot, supernatural entities or even aliens.
All they can truthfully say is that they don't think there are, based on their experiences or opinion.

How can they know for sure?

My opinion on whether they exist is "sh.. I don't know".
I am entertained by the stories and don't automatically think the people who tell them are wacko.
But they might be. Maybe they are wacko because of what the aliens did to them.

I don't think people who see ghosts of the dead are wacko, just that they perceive something that isn't what they think it is.

Aliens, bigfoot, etc...totally plausible. There is evidence of extra-terrestrial life on Earth, underground, below the ocean, and in orbit that would require a great deal of faith to insist things are otherwise.

Dead people, though? Doesn't wash. I had a friend who told me that her house was haunted and that the lights would all come on or the tv would turn itself off, and some other small things. Supposedly a girl was killed accidentally there years ago. So she stayed/was held back from moving on like all the other spirits because of unfinished business/confusion/spite, has the ability to manipulate the physical world, and lay dormant for decades and remains there....so she can flip your lightswitch?

Eamon,
I am leaning the same direction as you are.
But.......I really enjoyed the movie "6th Sense" with Bruce Willis

If you subscribe to the belief that all life is pure energy; body, mind, & soul inclusive, then it is entirely possible that the life force of a deceased being could be perceived as a 'ghost' if it coalesced into some kind of measurable energy 'packet'. I personally don't believe it, but it is possible I guess. There is more than enough history of experiences to totally write it off as bullsh*t.
Same with UFO's, wierd creatures and a bunch of other stuff that can't be explained by scientific process. If you could travel back in time with just a small sampling of today's technology, no one would believe it was the result of earth-bound human achievement. And the bearer of such technology would be revered (or reviled) as God-like, extraterrestrial, or whatever.
I have had some interesting experiences; some of which could be called life preserving, none of which I actively sought out, that I would attribute to interaction with Jung's "collective unconscious".
And I absolutely do believe in the physical manifestation of 'pure evil'. We got divorced, though.

There have been interesting explainations for ghost sightings, from light being "trapped" like an echo "traps" sound, etc. But the most convincing is infrasound. It's been a measurable thing, there are ghosts, creepy feelings, hallucinations, etc. Infrasound is detected, removed, and everything is a-ok. Ghosts: Busted. Maybe I could start an infrasound removal service when I retire, I could actually bust ghosts.

Aliens, heck ya, hard to imagine in the expanse of the universe that there is no other habitable planet, I do however, doubt they are uber advanced and are living on the dark side of the moon spying on us.

Bigfoot, maybe in the past...

Ghosts, definately, a peculiar situation happened just last night that freaked me out-

My now deceased grandfather was always OCD about his tools, how they were placed, hung, etc...It would always drive him nuts when the grandkids would go in his wood shop because at some point a drill bit or something else might be left in a different position.

Last night after work I went to his shop to work on a handle in some peace and quiet. His house and shop are vacant and have been since we moved my grandmother to a nursing home two years ago. I was in his shop for about an hour when I got a call for my wife to come home.

I left the tools where they landed and a drill bit in the press and a few cupboard doors open. Mind you this is an old house the drawers and doors do not close easily and they take some force to completly shut. I was about to leave and turning on the alarm when I heard the doors slam shut downstairs in his shop. FREAKED me out, I ran out of the house, got in my car and left. There was no-one else in the house, I have been the only one going in and out for the last two years.

The next morning I mustered up the courage to go over the shop to see what it really was that freaked me out. Assuming of course it was just my overactive imagination. I opened up the door to his shop and the tools had been put away, lined up and organized and the drawers and cupboards closed.

damn brain is an amazing beast, we get scared of our very own thoughts...

Back