1000th Member

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It looks as if the 1000th member is coming up in the next month or two. How are we going to celebrate?? Are you going to give the dude (or dudette) something special?

k.

Yeah it's crazy how quick this has happened. I wonder when #1000 will hit....Any guesses?

Yeah it's crazy how quick this has happened. I wonder when #1000 will hit....Any guesses?

Just based off of memory it seems like 700-800 took much longer than 800-900, which makes sense. I'm guessing last week of October.

I was just wondering: Does anybody know what the usual ratio of lurkers:registered users on forums is?

Stefan

I was just wondering: Does anybody know what the usual ratio of lurkers:registered users on forums is?

Stefan

We can't tell exactly but I can say that about 25% of "guests" viewing at any given time are found to be search engine bots.

I say for the 1000 member mark, Dave should make us all knives for $20!!!! Ha!:razz::knife:

Dave has provided us with such a valuable resource here, perhaps we should all send him $20.

Where did you see this number? I looked up the member list and it just went to 817...

10 left if you count fake soulfly.

k.

You have to count fake SoulFly and the other 287 people who have never posted. Many lurkers, sure, but the majority I'd wager are drive-by signups by crawlers and spammers who capitalize on our easy registration process. Even the bulk of our 1 post users are spammers who drop blog-related links into semi-relevant discussions. 1000 members is no challenge when signups are so easy a robot can do it. ;)

You have to count fake SoulFly and the other 287 people who have never posted. Many lurkers, sure, but the majority I'd wager are drive-by signups by crawlers and spammers who capitalize on our easy registration process. Even the bulk of our 1 post users are spammers who drop blog-related links into semi-relevant discussions. 1000 members is no challenge when signups are so easy a robot can do it. ;)

Yeah, I know you are right, but I had to say it.

But now there are only 3 to go -- if you count polishavenger that is who may have added the redirect code ;)

Did you see that? I did it again.

k.

Yeah, like, "Who am I really?" What woman goes online to a kitchen knife forum and calls herself "babe?"

Back