Quantcast
Anybody eat instant Ramen?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody eat instant Ramen?

Anybody eat instant Ramen?

I have to admit that a bowl of instant ramen is my go to for a quick lunch. I like the Myojo brand from Tokyo. Anybody else have a favorite brand I need to try?

Here are some pictures of my instant ramen lunch yesterday.

More pics here.

I do a eat quite a bit of ramen, but not from little bowls like that. I boil it, cool it, season with sesame oil, then toss it in with stir-fry. YOUR dish looks incredibly tasty. Would love a bowl of that about now.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

When I read the thread title I thought to myself, "Not if I don't have too." After seeing these pics, I think I've been missing out on something.

Been living on the stuff lately, like your pic I add alot of goodies to it. Seared mushrooms, fresh ginger, what ever meat is in the fridge, and scalions, that is a base for just about all my raman dishes. Ichibon (sp) is my favorite but have for the past few months been better the case from costco... not nearly as good but a quarter the price...

Either you used am egg slicer (and I commend you), or you did a hell of a job cutting that egg. I love Ramen.

I love your pictures man. You could make a corn dog look sexy.

As for ramen, I haven't eaten it since I was in the army, but your ramen looks way better.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Either you used am egg slicer (and I commend you), or you did a hell of a job cutting that egg. I love Ramen.
    Yep, used an egg slicer. I like egg slices on top of my Ramen so I keep a bag oh hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I love your pictures man. You could make a corn dog look sexy.
    +1 to this. I can't say I actually want to see a sexy corndog, but I bet he could do it.

Saw this post and decided to have some instant ramen for lunch, still don't really like it, but I have a hard time eating any processed food. I started with maruchan chicken flavor, added a bit of a mild akamiso, snow peas, scallions, splash of shoyu, perhaps something else I can't remember; it was alright, but the noodle texture is the main issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Saw this post and decided to have some instant ramen for lunch, still don't really like it, but I have a hard time eating any processed food. I started with maruchan chicken flavor, added a bit of a mild akamiso, snow peas, scallions, splash of shoyu, perhaps something else I can't remember; it was alright, but the noodle texture is the main issue for me.
    You might try the Myojo brand that I use. (I have a link in the story I posted). The noodle texture has a nice spring to it.