Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's Chili season - show your recipes

After looking through all the recipes, I made a pot of chili-like stuff last night.
    Man, that really hit the spot.
    I used stew beef that I cut into smaller cubes, dusted with flour and browned.
    A couple chopped Walla Walla sweet onions. A can of chopped green chilis, a jar of salsa verde and a can of black beans.

Not exactly a real recipe or quality ingredients, but it turned out great.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Sounds like a winner to me!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Don't worry about fancy ingredients, Mark. Sure, I love to have chili from some guy who used all kinds of secret, esoteric stuff, and cooked it for 8 hours. However, there is only one of me here. Give me meat (hamburger, left over steak, pork or beef roast) and peppers, bell and hot, onions, a decent sauce... and thirty minutes, I'll have something that I can eat for at least a few days. Thirty minutes also gives me enough time for cornbread. BTW, I often make my own sauce, but if you guys can find El Pato "tomato sauce" (the other side says, Salsa de Chili Fresco...in a yellow can with red letters), if you don't like your chili so hot it will make you cry for your mama, you likely won't need any extra hot peppers or other hotsy additions. Fancy isn't necessary, at least not for me.