Practice Knives Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have accumulated a few knives that I ground for practice. I will be selling them at a discount. I have several gyuto, sujis and a few smaller knives. Pm me if interested.

M

PM sent for Oivind's knife!

Just wanted to clarify a few things.

All knives are in 52100.

I will regrind and reprofile all of the practice knives to give them profiles I settled on for my custom knives, and to tune up the geometry to reflect the feedback I got from a few people who handled my knives.

None of these have faulty heat treatment, though a few of them have experimental heat treatment (they will have more wear resistance) that will require a little more time on the stones, but edge retention will be better. If there is any defect I know of, I will describe it to the buyer before the purchase is finalized.

None of these will have my maker's mark etched on them, to prevent the mixup with custom knives later, should they hit the second-hand market.

All will come with 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but will have to be returned within a week and not be sharpened and have to be in a condition received, though you may cut with them to get a feel of geometry.

I am trying recoup some of the cost to offset workshop overhead, material cost, and knife-making supplies cost I incurred.

M

Thanks everybody who contacted me. I wish I had enough knives for everybody interested, but for what I have, I went by first-come-first-served. I will respond to everybody, once I sort out who wants what.

M

I am a bit slow with regrinding and refinishing practice knives, as I have to do it in tandem with regular orders, but this is to confirm that I will be doing those and I will be in touch with everybody I contacted back in October.

This is the first practice knife that I reground and refinished.
52100 with Lignum Vitae/Buffalo Horn handle.
225mm on the edge.
160g.
Hand finished.

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

I have to say that all practice knives that I had were bespoken back in October, so I don't have any new at this time.

M

Marko, I tried to respond but your PMs are full.

How tall is that at the heel? Is it kinda a gyuto/suji hybrid?

It's a suji. The height at the heel is about 34-35mm. Length is 225mm on the edge, 240mm tip to handle. Will take a better picture tomorrow.

How tall is that at the heel? Is it kinda a gyuto/suji hybrid?

As this was to be petty/suji/utility I extended the flat spot at the heel somewhat. The handle is tilted slightly upward, allowing a good knuckle clearance.
Next to 270mm suji.

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

This is 210mm gyuto reground from 255mm practice knife that came back from pro kitchen testing. You guys (Matt and Rick) wont recognize it in its present shape as I reground it and refinished it to a present level of my custom work.

I tweaked a D handle a little bit as well.

210mm gyuto in 52100. Blistered Koa, buffalo horn ferrule, nickel silver spacer, select grade poplar saya with Lignum Vitae pin and a bonus strop.

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

M

Please note: all practice knives are bespoken. I am posting pictures of ones that I completed to show a final product.

M

Looks stunningly elegant, congrats to the new owner.

Can't wait until mine is finished now, i think i may have scored one hell of a bargain.

Thanks guys.

I will continue tweaking D handle design as well as introduce some modification to octagonal.

M

I had some fun shifts with that knife. Hope the owner enjoys it.

So far, I refurbished 3 out of a 15 or so. This week I will finish one.

A busy week to say the least.

M

Back