Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 127

Thread: Sakai Jikko Akebono Blue 2 by Kenichi Shiraki

  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ace Ventura’s rhino
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Does the longer neck create a handle heavy balance? Or just aesthetically? This one is high on my wishlist...
    Will double check when I get home but I think the balance is nice, not handle heavy.


  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern NSW Australia
    Posts
    2,795
    My 240 balances at the pinch grip.

    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    45
    Hi,
    I would like to clarify something before I buy this knife which has been recommended to me and took quite awhile to save I must say. Haha

    I will be buying this knife but it’s my first time buying from K&S.

    It says you will provide free Saya for kkf members. Does that mean the price in your website with the knive and saya or two saya or...how does it works.


    Sorry for the inconvenience.

  4. #114
    Administrator bkultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaides View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to clarify something before I buy this knife which has been recommended to me and took quite awhile to save I must say. Haha

    I will be buying this knife but it’s my first time buying from K&S.

    It says you will provide free Saya for kkf members. Does that mean the price in your website with the knive and saya or two saya or...how does it works.


    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I believe the free saya offer was just for the initial launch of this knife. (First batch only)

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by hentaides View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to clarify something before I buy this knife which has been recommended to me and took quite awhile to save I must say. Haha

    I will be buying this knife but it’s my first time buying from K&S.

    It says you will provide free Saya for kkf members. Does that mean the price in your website with the knive and saya or two saya or...how does it works.


    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    I’d say shoot James a message at K&S...... You may be pleasantly surprised. He’s one of the best in the knife biz!

  6. #116
    Senior Member panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south east florida
    Posts
    5,135
    james i am very interested in this line, but holding out hope there will be a shirogami version in a future batch??

  7. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern NSW Australia
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    james i am very interested in this line, but holding out hope there will be a shirogami version in a future batch??
    That's kinda how I think of Akatsuki (although it does run shorter).
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

  8. #118
    Senior Member panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south east florida
    Posts
    5,135
    akatsuki seems like an entirely different knife to me those subtle tweaks add up.

  9. #119
    Senior Member labor of love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    dirty south, louisiana
    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    akatsuki seems like an entirely different knife to me those subtle tweaks add up.
    Runs 235mm long. Diff profile, diff tip. Similar grind.

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern NSW Australia
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    akatsuki seems like an entirely different knife to me those subtle tweaks add up.
    Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Runs 235mm long. Diff profile, diff tip. Similar grind.
    Fair points.

    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •