Quantcast
NOT your Mom's Roast Beef! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: NOT your Mom's Roast Beef!

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    sachem allison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    3,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Looks like you need to torch the inside some. I'll take mine with some brown ring all the way through thank you very much.
    i don't think I want to hang out with you. you disgust me!

  2. #12
    Senior Member EdipisReks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Looks like you need to torch the inside some. I'll take mine with some brown ring all the way through thank you very much.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    chazmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Windermere, FL
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Looks like you need to torch the inside some. I'll take mine with some brown ring all the way through thank you very much.
    You should be banned for making that statement

  4. #14

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    mr drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,079
    I love the photos and the food looks great. What is the knife in the second picture?

    k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

  6. #16
    Das HandleMeister apicius9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,230
    Very nice, I need to make something like that. Looks like it's enough for lunch and dinner for one

    BTW, is that nakiri handle from Fish or from me? I think I stole his idea there and made a few similar ones...


    Stefan

  7. #17
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Very nice, I need to make something like that. Looks like it's enough for lunch and dinner for one

    BTW, is that nakiri handle from Fish or from me? I think I stole his idea there and made a few similar ones...


    Stefan
    It is from Fish. I have had it a long time and it is still one of my favorite nakiri's.

  8. #18
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I love the photos and the food looks great. What is the knife in the second picture?

    k.
    It is a Mr. Itou

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by sw2geeks View Post
    It is from Fish. I have had it a long time and it is still one of my favorite nakiri's.
    Maker?

    Again, just great pics...

  10. #20
    Senior Member wenus2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by sw2geeks View Post
    Yep, I am cooking at a low heat, the torch jump starts the browning process on the outside, but there is no ring. It is just medium rare then the brown edge on the outside. The recipe is here which includes grill temps.
    I see now, thanks. I mis-read something the first time through, my bad.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts