Ironwood Burl Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just got some Ironwood Burl blocks. Probably the most expensive wood I have ever purchased.
I haven't decided if I am going to save them for the Boise Show or put some in the webstore.
Most of what I got are cut oversized and will be really expensive. My photos are never as good as the pieces look in person.
Here is a quick glimpse of what showed up.
iw002.jpg

There have been too many phone calls, PMs and emails for me to be able to save these for the knife show.
I only hope I can get more of these. They are the closest to flawless I have ever seen with Ironwood Burl.
My wife wants me to bring one home to show here. I already know I will never get it back.

I will get these photographed and start posting them in the webstore tomorrow.

I'm hoping that one of my customers scores one, I'd like to work on one of these, they look great.

They're not sold yet?!? Not what I wanted to see. :Ooooh:

Dang Dave. You are worse than I am.
I just finished listing the ones that are left. A couple people snatched up several before I could even get them listed.

This was kind of scary for me because the wood was pretty expensive from the wholesale supplier.
My boss was really hesitant about letting me get these.
His reasoning was that they were too expensive for most people, it was a lot of money and a much lower profit margin.
He felt the risk did not match the potential rewards. Looks like it will work out though.

Dang Dave. You are worse than I am.
I just finished listing the ones that are left. A couple people snatched up several before I could even get them listed.

This was kind of scary for me because the wood was pretty expensive from the wholesale supplier.
My boss was really hesitant about letting me get these.
His reasoning was that they were too expensive for most people, it was a lot of money and a much lower profit margin.
He felt the risk did not match the potential rewards. Looks like it will work out though.

You should tell him that people here buy knives for 3k+....

These are some more newcomers (scales) that I will be adding to the web store tomorrow.
I thought a couple of them might look good on a western handle.
3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

You mean all of them might look good... damn

That is some nice ironwood, but your wooden Rorschach test has me concerned about my mental health...

k.

I just watched the Alice in Wonderland movie with Johnny Depp.
There was a scene where Alice is asking her father if she might be crazy.
His answer was "yes, I am afraid so, totally bonkers.
But......all the best people are
".

Back