Hello from Oregon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Very helpful forum you have here. Much appreciated!

I look forward to learning more...

Noah

Welcome Noah.

It's a great forum. Just a warning though, there are lots of rabbit holes here. You'll love your Shiro Kamo but it definitely won't be your last....

Having said that, being your first, it'll always have a special place...

I'm in the Eugene area.

BTW @skewed, I tried to respond to your PM but your inbox is full. Please let me know when you have some room and I'll re-send.

Cheers and welcome from a German UofO alumn! Go Ducks!

Here in portland home of the snow freakout of 2016. hey we have lots of nice makers here. benchmade ,leatherman and I just discovered curry carter hand forged knives. might be a few others I don't know about. I have one of each now

Here in portland home of the snow freakout of 2016. hey we have lots of nice makers here. benchmade ,leatherman and I just discovered curry carter hand forged knives. might be a few others I don't know about. I have one of each now

Sweet! I was surprised to learn from my blade smith friend that there are a number of makers here in Eugene as well.

only here a package about 10 miles away shipped Thursday says out for delivery today USPS but it was too late and did not make it. now I have to wait till monday for my carter knife.

Welcome aboard. If your first purchase since joining is a Shiro Kamo Syousin Suminagashi gyuto, the only way is down... the rabbit hole that is.
Enjoy the journey. :angryspin:

Ah, so that explains these transparently fine carrot threads I keep finding in front of me... :detective:

TBH I'm pretty sure I'm already hopeless though. Been giving very serious consideration to building a power hammer and putting a small forge in my garage.

I work in a factory with a metal shop, so I have access to a lot of tools, but I'm a software engineer and haven't touched a power tool since high school. I did certainly enjoy wood shop as a kid though, and I've always loved blades and cooking. Seems like a very interesting (and useful) hobby...

Back