Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Soft synthetic boards

Thank you for sharing the information, which is very useful information. I will follow up this topic to update your earliest

Does anyone know if these boards latex free?

Just curious from those who use them how they actually feel in use? Does the knife cut into the board like end grain? How do they feel while chopping? Are these available at SLT or WS?

Inquiring minds want to know...I've got a few end grains that I use for pretty much everything (with a cheapo restaurant supply for chicken) but always worth exploring.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Just curious from those who use them how they actually feel in use? Does the knife cut into the board like end grain? How do they feel while chopping? Are these available at SLT or WS?

Inquiring minds want to know...I've got a few end grains that I use for pretty much everything (with a cheapo restaurant supply for chicken) but always worth exploring.
    In a week I will certainly let you know how the cbr board works. I would bet it is much better than working on a poly board.

i ordered cbr 15x20x.5 from katom came to under $40 with shipping to use at work.

The cbr board arrived just before leaving for work today so I was able to use it. Though I can't comment yet as to just how much better edge retention is after just one day, I can say it is way better than poly. This board isn't too soft. It is pretty rigid and feels so much better than poly; very similar to wood. $60 well spent. My new Kato enjoyed it today.

Thanks for sharing! I'm torn between just sticking with the epicurean boards I already have, or getting some synthetic rubber such as CBR to use instead as beaters…
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm torn between just sticking with the epicurean boards I already have, or getting some synthetic rubber such as CBR to use instead as beaters…
    I haven't tried the Epicurean boards but I will say for the price, especially for the smaller cbr board, they would make for really nice beater/raw meat home boards.

I actually bought an Epicurean as a meat board on DaveB's recommend in this thread. Only used a couple of times, but I haven't ruined any edges yet and it does go well in the dishwasher.
    "I'd better change my signature before I get myself into trouble..."

Anyone that can find something like this that is coloured and in Europe?