Thread: KKF Donation Drive and Supporting Membership Discount

KKF Donation Drive and Supporting Membership Discount

I just saw this thread: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/announcement.php?a=21
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie
    Hello Knife lovers

First, I want to say thank you to all that make this a great forum to discuss and learn about fine knives, what to buy, and what to watch out for. You make it a quality forum.

During the year the cost of operating KKF has gone up and we are asking for donations to help defray the increase in price of keeping KKF online. No, we're not going anywhere, but a little help would be appreciated.

We'd like to ask for more to become Supporting Members, get a few more perks and help KKF out financially. The Supporting Membership has been reduced by 20% so it will not make a huge hit to anyone's budget but several new Supporting Members would help with the cost of expenses of the forum.

SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP HERE (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/payments.php)

And to all of those that have a problem, or need help you can Private Message me here, or email at angie@groupbuilder.com. Pass this on to anyone having trouble accessing the forum and wants to be posting
    If I renew my membership early can I take advantage of the discount too? I thought I'd post prior to sending a PM or email since it would help spread the word of the donation drive / discount.

Mine renewed a week or so ago. I can't say that I am a fan of seeing a discount offered. I think it is a knock to those who have willingly paid the previously-requested amount. It would have been better to introduce a membership level that is a step lower, with maybe a lower PM allotment, etc.

I feel the same way, Wildboar, just renewed at the regular rate on December 12th...

I just became a supporting member for the first time. The 'drive' did bring supporting membership to my attention. The discount was no so important in my decision but may be for others. I can certainly understand that those who have already paid full price feel poorly done by. Is the 20% off long term or just during the drive? If it's the former, I guess it will balance out next year.
    Looking for a signature that won't land me in trouble

Kinda reminds me of when I recently bought my Porkert meat grinder, then next week it was on sale for another 5% off (~$8CAD), but that's just how things work out sometimes I suppose.

Thank you for those that renewed their support and for the new ones that have chosen to help the site during this time.