Hi from Melbourne, Australia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s0real

Reaction score
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all. I'm a passionate home cook and a knife collector. owner of a Suisin Hayate Kiritsuke by Keijiro Doi, Aritsugu Santoku and Yanagiba, Shun Gyutou. Still hoping that one day I will be able to own a Hattori KD.

Welcome to the forum. 1st rule here is pics or it didn't happen. Now about that Suisin....:cool2:

Welcome to the forum fellow Melbournian. It's fairly unusual for a new member to have so many good knives even before they join... nice! And you're already lusting after the next knife. You're going to fit in just fine - you don't even need to hear the obligatory warnings about the rabbit hole. Dave's first rule is actually his rule - but not a bad one. Do post pics please. (you'll need to link to photos on an image sharing service)

Another one from Downunder, welcome mate!

Let me see what i can do about the pics guys :) what image sharing service would you guys recommend?

I have only used photobucket the last few years and never dissapointed.

Welcome on board, another knife nut from STRAYA [emoji122][emoji380]

@Marek07 Yes the Shun is indeed scratched and chipped. It is my first ever japanese knife and i have been using it for over 7 years now. I have to say even after all this time, I AM still an amateur to knife sharpening. Only recently bought a King 1000 for my daily sharpening.

I'd be happy to give you free sharpening lessons if you want em and you're close by (I'm in Essendon).

I also have a Shun from a decade ago that was all scratched up and chipped. You can fix em up real nice if you can spare a little time.

Welcome to the forum!

thanks for offer, will do when i'm in the area. what stone grit would you recommend to remove the chipped section?

The coarsest grit you have, basically.
I sent you a PM with more details.

Anyone can tell me what line of Aritsugu do i have? i just bought it when i was in Kyoto many years ago.

Back