Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THOR Cleaver rehandle.

Also a edit. The front cap is copper.. Not brass. My mistake.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Holy Cow!!!!!!! I rarely am at a loss for words... But I am..

Jamie

was looking at your old work and figured I'd let you know this kid is being adopted by yours truly, shes a beaut and I am 100% ok with child labour in this case Metorite damascus has me smilin
    La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur. -August Escoffier
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

I love that end cap Randy!

This came today, she's stunning, re-oiling the handle and says now, the woods used are beautiful and the mosaic pin on the butt cap may be the coolest one I have ever seen.
    Without butter, without eggs, there is no reason to come to France. -Paul Bocuse

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    This came today, she's stunning, re-oiling the handle and says now, the woods used are beautiful and the mosaic pin on the butt cap may be the coolest one I have ever seen.
    AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Im glad it made it to its new home!!!!! Im sure it will serve you well! So many "firsts" on this one. but what I remember most is the EPIC piece of rosewood burl. Without a doubt. The finest piece I have ever had the pleasure of using on a knife.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Available Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Im glad it made it to its new home!!!!! Im sure it will serve you well! So many "firsts" on this one. but what I remember most is the EPIC piece of rosewood burl. Without a doubt. The finest piece I have ever had the pleasure of using on a knife.
    Cleaning it up now, hopefully it cleans up nice.

Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
    Havent cleaned it up yet, just oiled the handle, the blade performs insane, used her on valentines day at work, smashed through 4 liters of slanty scallions and 2 liters of finely jullieneed ginger like a boss, unfortunately I was on line 5-cl so I didnt get to put her into any serious prep, stunning blade though, the engraving is a bit of a b-i-t-c-h on your hand at first, but wasn't too bad and I am sure I'll adjust to it after a week or two, I am leaving all my gyutos at home and will be using this, a 75mm petty and a cheap boning knife(for cleaning bone marrow) exclusivly to build up my cleaver skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
    Havent cleaned it up yet, just oiled the handle, the blade performs insane, used her on valentines day at work, smashed through 4 liters of slanty scallions and 2 liters of finely jullieneed ginger like a boss, unfortunately I was on line 5-cl so I didnt get to put her into any serious prep, stunning blade though, the engraving is a bit of a b-i-t-c-h on your hand at first, but wasn't too bad and I am sure I'll adjust to it after a week or two, I am leaving all my gyutos at home and will be using this, a 75mm petty and a cheap boning knife(for cleaning bone marrow) exclusivly to build up my cleaver skills.
    Happy for you Evan, this beast seems right up your bling alley.